• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

rokiblack

Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi and thank you for such an informative forum. A lot of interesting...
I'm mainly here just to see everything I need about raw denim or other street fashion trends, but also mainly because the market here is organized very conveniently

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to say hi and thank you for such an informative forum. A lot of interesting...
I'm mainly here just to see everything I need about raw denim or other street fashion trends, but also mainly because the market here is organized very conveniently
Hi rokiblack, your positive comments are appreciated. Welcome to the fourum!

junaid0

Reaction score
Hi rokiblack, your positive comments are appreciated. Welcome to the fourum!
Hi All, I just registered. I'm middle-aged, looking to get a little more fitted. For the last 15 years, I've bought 511 Levi's Jeans, Allen Edmond Shoes, pima cotton Jos A Banks sweaters, and Charles Trywhitt shirts--- everything on sale, always.

This year, I've bought a couple cashmere sweaters and a couple Brooks Brother's suits ($$$ for me). Got lots of compliments, so looking to go with it. Here are a couple pics of my style.
IMG_0048.jpeg
IMG_356CB52B0EB1-1.jpeg
IMG_F15523CBD9F7-1.jpeg

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi All, I just registered. I'm middle-aged, looking to get a little more fitted. For the last 15 years, I've bought 511 Levi's Jeans, Allen Edmond Shoes, pima cotton Jos A Banks sweaters, and Charles Trywhitt shirts--- everything on sale, always.

This year, I've bought a couple cashmere sweaters and a couple Brooks Brother's suits ($$$ for me). Got lots of compliments, so looking to go with it. Here are a couple pics of my style. View attachment 2092991 View attachment 2092995 View attachment 2092997
Looking good my man. My suggestion would be to shake it up a bit on the casual wear style.

E.Marinella

Reaction score
Dear distinguished SF members,
after many years of consulting SF now and then I finally took the decision to join your community. Am a musician from Vienna/Austria and have a deep love for Italy and especially Napoli. I know almost each corner of this great country and try going there whenever I can. Over the years I have discovered my favourite Italian fashion brands, especially for ties (hence my obvious nickname) and men's accessoires and started building up a collection. I am particularly interested in vintage items, brands with a long and distinct heritage and/or brands that once had a name (regionwide/citywide) but are no longer operating/in business (Napoli is full of such names/estinct brands). Am sure it will be fun to ask questions from time to time, learn more from all the experts here and contribute as well when feeling it. Greetings from Vienna, sorry for my English and Good night!🌸

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello E. Marinella, thanks for the compliment. Who told you that we’re distinguished? Lol! We look forward to hearing from you. Hopefully we can answer some of your questions. Welcome to the forum!

NewToThisTrueToThis

Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m New here. I am a banker, father of 3 young boys, and avid marathon runner living in North Carolina. While fashion and style have always been of interest as long as I can remember, I only recently really dove into this world and I absolutely love it. I quit drinking almost a year ago and in true addict fashion, I went all in with something else (fashion/style) instead. I began listening to Retail Pod/Sunday Scaries through another podcast in the Washed Media network. This led me to the Throwing Fits and Customer Service podcasts, which led me here, blackbird spyplane, and elsewhere. I was introduced to ALD through Retail Pod. ALD was my gateway drug to the rest of the fashion world and I still do like a lot of their work. I love knitwear and skew towards a more preppy streetwear style. My favorite brands at the moment are APC, Drakes, Kenzo, Maison Kitsune, Tony Shirtmakers, Ralph Lauren, ALD, Percival, Palace, and Stone Island. Though I live in a large city, fashion isn’t big here. Very few of my friends are into this sort of thing so I’m looking forward to learning more and having folks to talk about this stuff with. Cheers!

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone I’m New here. I am a banker, father of 3 young boys, and avid marathon runner living in North Carolina. While fashion and style have always been of interest as long as I can remember, I only recently really dove into this world and I absolutely love it. I quit drinking almost a year ago and in true addict fashion, I went all in with something else (fashion/style) instead. I began listening to Retail Pod/Sunday Scaries through another podcast in the Washed Media network. This led me to the Throwing Fits and Customer Service podcasts, which led me here, blackbird spyplane, and elsewhere. I was introduced to ALD through Retail Pod. ALD was my gateway drug to the rest of the fashion world and I still do like a lot of their work. I love knitwear and skew towards a more preppy streetwear style. My favorite brands at the moment are APC, Drakes, Kenzo, Maison Kitsune, Tony Shirtmakers, Ralph Lauren, ALD, Percival, Palace, and Stone Island. Though I live in a large city, fashion isn’t big here. Very few of my friends are into this sort of thing so I’m looking forward to learning more and having folks to talk about this stuff with. Cheers!
Hello ’New’, nothing could be finer than to greet a banker from North Carolina…
I hear you. While I’m familiar with most of the brands that you’ve mentioned, not

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi ‘New’, nothing could be finer than to greet a banker from North Carolina in the morning or evening as the case may be.
I hear you. I’m familiar with most, not all of the brands that you’ve mentioned. My suggestion, if you’re open to it would be to not be entranced by fast fashion or by big brand names. Most but not all sacrifice quality over brand recognition). Rather focus on quality products and finding your personal style over ‘fashion’.
Here are some of my basic go to brands:
spierandmackay.com
charlestyrwhitt.com
And if you like some fashion pop in your hop, and high quality basics, I highly recommend Georg Roth - georgrothlosangeles.com, great company & nice people.
Happy hunting & welcome to the forum!

NewToThisTrueToThis

Reaction score
Hi ‘New’, nothing could be finer than to greet a banker from North Carolina in the morning or evening as the case may be.
I hear you. I’m familiar with most, not all of the brands that you’ve mentioned. My suggestion, if you’re open to it would be to not be entranced by fast fashion or by big brand names. Most but not all sacrifice quality over brand recognition). Rather focus on quality products and finding your personal style over ‘fashion’.
Here are some of my basic go to brands:
spierandmackay.com
charlestyrwhitt.com
And if you like some fashion pop in your hop, and high quality basics, I highly recommend Georg Roth - georgrothlosangeles.com, great company & nice people.
Happy hunting & welcome to the forum!
Very much appreciated and noted! Thanks for taking the time to pass it along. Here to learn and evolve. Looking forward to more discourse. All the best

patrick2828

Reaction score
Hi There, I'm Patrick, 30 this year... started my sartorial journey since 2021. My style is a little more aggressive overall in terms of shoe shape, textile choices & suit styling. Looking forward to posting more stuff.

Sinyo18

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi There, I'm Patrick, 30 this year... started my sartorial journey since 2021. My style is a little more aggressive overall in terms of shoe shape, textile choices & suit styling. Looking forward to posting more stuff.
Hi Patrick, are you comfortable with offering some examples of what you mean by aggressive ? Welcome to the forum!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanjida191