• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

In praise of Vass

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered my first pair of Vass shoes from Gabor a while back and got them in this week. Â Being around the high end stuff 24 hours per day you'd think that the thrill would wear off but nope, I was like a kid in a candy store. Everything was superb, I took pics as I opened the box so that you'd see'm as I did. Â From the bags, to the three-piece custom shoe trees to every minute detail they are perfect. Oxford Medallion, dark cognac, u last....
Vass1.jpg
vass3.jpg

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
very nice.. (almost as nice as mine
biggrin.gif
) wear them well..

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pretty comfortable to... with my flat, fat, Fred Flintstone-esque feet it ain'st easy to me'm look good but these are pretty darn spiffy.

Today's ensemble, Bermuda shorts, silk button down, mismatched socks and ....Vass.

OK, had to try them but it is an in-studio photography day and between the lights and the external 101 temperature today a suit would not do.

Will put them back in the bag now.

marc237

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very pretty shoes - I am jealous.

Remember, take them off before getting into the shower, no matter how much you may want to wear them all day and night.

Cliff

Reaction score
What, you mean you don't have Vass brand shower shoes? They're the new popular thing in college dorms and locker rooms across the country.
That's what brouging is for right.......to let out the water.

marc37

Reaction score
They are very nice shoes old son. l love the toe shape and the medallion on the toe. You have good taste. Nice indeed.

Carlo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not uncouth... They run around $1200 retail but I think Gabor can get them for forum members for $950 or so.

No B.S. ...Best money I ever spent on my wardrobe. They really make the rest of my shoes look like ****.

Meeting Gabor will cost me $5000 or so this year alone but they are well worth it.

Chuck

PHV

Reaction score
Can Gabor do somethign with my 14 EEE? My feet are the widest anyone has ever seen. When I'm sitting with my feet up at my place, I've had people stare. I'm positive it will take half a cow to cover these.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can Gabor do somethign with my 14 EEE? My feet are the widest anyone has ever seen. When I'm sitting with my feet up at my place, I've had people stare. I'm positive it will take half a cow to cover these.
Although I've no idea how quick Gabor is about returning emails, you might send him an email using his email address that he has posted here several times (I specifically recall it being listed in the "Sartorial Excellence" discussions/ads).

redtree00

Reaction score
I think you could fit into a size 48 Budapest last. I wear a size 14D and bought a Budapest wingtip in size 48 it is a VERY generous fit. So generous that I had to put a tongue pad in so that I could lace it up without overlapping. Are you located near NYC ? If yes I can let you try mine on if you wear clean socks
smile.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads