• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I'm done with protiein shakes.

lpalma121

Reaction score
I'm convinced they do more harm than good but I could be wrong. I think everyone is different so perhaps my body doesn't respond to it the way it was intended. I could be wrong about this and maybe it does work for some people. I read a blog on the internet about how it's doing more harm than good and that all through out mankind there was never any need for protein shakes. in case you're wondering I consumed it 30-45 minutes right after an intense workout and my diet is on point, all the time. I'm just looking to tone up and not really get huge bulging mucles. Think Enrique Iglesias with his shirt off and that's the body I want. I know it sounds a little gay but I thnk my clothes would look and fit better. I think he's just naturally skinny and lifts heavy to get a body like that. If I lift heavy like he probably does I bulk up and not in a good way but in a meathead Jersey shore way. I do lighter weights with more reps to get cut. The protein shakes were working against my goal. I was taking jay Robb which from what i read is one of the only pure protein powders and the other brands can kill your brain cells and are unhealthy. I think most of them have some type of MSG but it's labeled differently so it flys under the radar. It's now week 2 of no shakes and I'm seeing the results I want finally. No more bloating feeling the morning after and I feel lot better overall. Not just physically but mentally I'm much more satisfied. I'm even going to the toilet 3-4 times now compared to the 1 or 2 if I was lucky pattern from before. I think the shakes were causing me to get backed up or were screwing my digestive system. Again everyone is different so if they work for you great otherwise the hell with that. Brown rice and chicken breast for me all day everyday.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I personally have gained so much from protein shakes, but whatever works for you man, stick to it!

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There was a report about protein powders being contaminated with heavy metals.

Johnny_5

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^Yea, Consumer Reports studied some of the most popular protein powders and found arsenic and other crap that people shouldnt be ingesting.

Rikkar501

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpalma121
I was taking jay Robb which from what i read is one of the only pure protein powders and the other brands can kill your brain cells and are unhealthy.

spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
spam[1].gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif
facepalm.gif

yjeezle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i'm less sore after taking protein but at the same time protein also made my torso grow horizontally... (even when i was spending 3+ hours at the gym)

alexanduh

Reaction score
you dont really need protein if you are cutting...

stinger70

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lpalma121
I'm convinced they do more harm than good but I could be wrong. I think everyone is different so perhaps my body doesn't respond to it the way it was intended. I could be wrong about this and maybe it does work for some people. I read a blog on the internet about how it's doing more harm than good and that all through out mankind there was never any need for protein shakes. in case you're wondering I consumed it 30-45 minutes right after an intense workout and my diet is on point, all the time. I'm just looking to tone up and not really get huge bulging mucles. Think Enrique Iglesias with his shirt off and that's the body I want. I know it sounds a little gay but I thnk my clothes would look and fit better. I think he's just naturally skinny and lifts heavy to get a body like that. If I lift heavy like he probably does I bulk up and not in a good way but in a meathead Jersey shore way. I do lighter weights with more reps to get cut. The protein shakes were working against my goal. I was taking jay Robb which from what i read is one of the only pure protein powders and the other brands can kill your brain cells and are unhealthy. I think most of them have some type of MSG but it's labeled differently so it flys under the radar. It's now week 2 of no shakes and I'm seeing the results I want finally. No more bloating feeling the morning after and I feel lot better overall. Not just physically but mentally I'm much more satisfied. I'm even going to the toilet 3-4 times now compared to the 1 or 2 if I was lucky pattern from before. I think the shakes were causing me to get backed up or were screwing my digestive system. Again everyone is different so if they work for you great otherwise the hell with that. Brown rice and chicken breast for me all day everyday.

You know thats a myth? If the weight isnt heavy enough all you do is train your muscular endurance. To get cut you put on muscle and then cut your bodyfat through diet.

stinger70

Reaction score
Originally Posted by yjeezle
i'm less sore after taking protein but at the same time protein also made my torso grow horizontally... (even when i was spending 3+ hours at the gym)

whey has like 120 calories for 25 grams protein, it didnt make you get fat. Eating too much did.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i can't take this place anymore. yes, by all means eat no protein while cutting : / i know musclemilk had glycocyanine which is something you don't want to eat.
Originally Posted by indesertum
wha? you should eat a lot of protein if you're cutting

Kas

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again: supplement laws in the USA ******* suck, and they will not improve in the near future.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"I dont go heavy I just wanna tone"
facepalm.gif
Yea you don't deserve the extra protein anyway. And not all of them were dangerous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads