• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I want to hate this Cole Haan shoe, so where can I find something similar/better?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Yes, link to a $675 sneaker, because most people who want something nice can afford half of a month's rent on that.

so there's this really nice concept of saving up money and buying one nice thing instead of buying twenty ****** things. it's called investing.

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

so there's this really nice concept of saving up money and buying one nice thing instead of buying twenty ****** things. it's called investing.

too bad that $675 sneaker is a piece of junk, you would have a better return putting your money in greek bonds.

silly boy thinking if you paying 7x the average price for a pair of sneakers is worth it. just a boy.

ryewo[i dmfsOZI490w

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You really need to recheck the definition of investing bro; I'm pretty sure it's not paying 700% of the price for something, and immediately only be able to sell it at a tiny fraction of what you paid. Then next season it's worth nothing.

Nice words are nice, but you have to know what they mean.

aphextwin07

Reaction score
^^ those almost look even worse than the first ones you posted

LOL funny that you mention "value of materials" when posting a pair of Chinese-made, glued-outsole, Cole Haan shoes that probably cost $10 to make in Nike's Panyu, China factory and look like a pair of $29.99 sneakers from Sears

I lol'd

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
It's telling that the guy who you are happy to have come to your defense is resident forum marsupial iroh.

Not saying the Lanvin's aren't expensive, but your reasoning is bad. Better to spend more on something good than less on something bad.

These Nikes certainly look better than the ones you've "selected":

Nike-Pepper-Low-Burgundy-Leather-.jpg

BostonHedonist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
I am all about investing in something of quality as opposed to something that will fall apart (thus why I didn't go with Cole Haans to begin with). I always tell people "buy it once, buy it right." Perhaps the problem here is I am a little more on the function side of form vs function than some around here. I am still not clear on what makes any sneaker worth $700. I have some casual Allen Edmonds brogues that will likely enjoy for the next 20 years and they only run $300. Maybe with some more advanced distressing by a designer's personal slave, a pair could be worth another hundred. In my opinion, most of what you'd be paying for in a Lanvin is the fashion/name, which is cool if that's what motivates you. To me and my working class roots, its just a tad wasteful. I just want something cool that'll last several years.

So maybe you could fill me in on what makes the Lanvins worth twice the price of a top-notch shoe like AE? I don't suppose they are made by magical elf cobblers that imbue the leather with actual sex magnets? If so, I'll start saving my pennies.

Re those Nikes: Very nice indeed. Were it not for the swoosh I might try to track a pair down. Super recognizable logos are a dealbreaker for me in just about anything. They got any without the logo?

Last edited:

iroh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's telling that the guy who you are happy to have come to your defense is resident forum marsupial iroh.
Not saying the Lanvin's aren't expensive, but your reasoning is bad. Better to spend more on something good than less on something bad.
These Nikes certainly look better than the ones you've "selected":
Nike-Pepper-Low-Bug

what is your problem?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads