• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I should never have entered Esquire's BDRM contest.

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
This is commendable. It's politically incorrect to ask secretaries to do secretarial things at most firms. God forbid you interrupt one with a request for copies during a particularly intense round of Minesweeper.

Perhaps you should tip better.

Also, the vast majority of Vault 100 firms pay lockstep compensation. What universe are you coming from?

I don't mean to turn this into a law firm pissing match/dick measuring contest/etc but the vast majority of Vault 100 firms do not have lockstep partner compensation. Additionally, the firms offering lockstep associate compensation is declining (not to the 'dwindling' level yet).

musicguy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hayguysshark.jpg

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Eustace, don't pretend like you're not a fan of a little bromance. I'm all for it, as long as it's safe...gotta have brophylactics on hand. No ****, naturally.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Vox,

Any way you could edit your post and change "Brutha" to "Broski" or "Broheim"? Bull will like that.

How about Lawheim?

Originally Posted by haganah
Is this outside your office? I can see your taste in decore as you used the fancy curtain ties on her pole.

How about Poleheimina?

- B

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
@ Eustace, don't pretend like you're not a fan of a little bromance. I'm all for it, as long as it's safe...gotta have brophylactics on hand. No ****, naturally.

Broheimian Rhapsody chorus boy?

- B

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Love the bromance!

But, lets get back to the topic at hand: which BigLaw firm has the best cafeteria? I ate at the Davis Polk one once, and I thought it was decent. Please discuss in great detail.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In Chicago, the Jewish boutique shops treat the Standard Club (http://www.stclub.org/) dining room as their dining room for all intents and purposes. I find this place to be delightful. Nothing like breaking apart the day with a warm bowl of Matz-bro ball soup. Mmmmmmm...just like my grandmother - who isn't Jewish - didn't used to make.

sw20

Reaction score
Thought all the smartest young M&A lawyers had become M&A bankers back in '70s-'80s; didn't that elder pioneer Wasserstein die recently?

Back in late '90s, smartest young tech M&A bankers (who stopped wearing Luddite ties to fit into culture of their wealthier tech clients) fled to hedge funds for more money and to avoid ever flying commercial again (or wearing ties)

Today, don't know that anyone with a 3-digit IQ aspires to be an M&A banker.....kids want to train at GS prop trading for a couple yrs before moving to BigHedgeFunds...

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
In Chicago, the Jewish boutique shops treat the Standard Club (http://www.stclub.org/) dining room as their dining room for all intents and purposes. I find this place to be delightful. Nothing like breaking apart the day with a warm bowl of Matz-bro ball soup. Mmmmmmm...just like my grandmother - who isn't Jewish - didn't used to make.

If you ever want to move to NYC, I have decided to put in a good word for you at this firm.

- B

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me be completely clear: the barbed wire tat - on any human - male or female - is deplorable, disgusting, tasteless and boorish. Except on Pam. Mmmmmmm...delish.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Voxy...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Classic. Well-played in all respects.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sw20
Thought all the smartest young M&A lawyers had become M&A bankers back in '70s-'80s; didn't that elder pioneer Wasserstein die recently?

Back in late '90s, smartest young tech M&A bankers (who stopped wearing Luddite ties to fit into culture of their wealthier tech clients) fled to hedge funds for more money and to avoid ever flying commercial again (or wearing ties)

Today, don't know that anyone with a 3-digit IQ aspires to be an M&A banker.....kids want to train at GS prop trading for a couple yrs before moving to BigHedgeFunds...

But now that most of the major HFs are well under their high-water mark, where will these kids go next? Methinks they'll eventually revert to their childhood fantasies and become ninjas. Thoughts?

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by OffTheRack
However, if anyone's ever heard of the law school you went to, then it seems you can probably get an offer to work there.

Ah, law school elitism. I love it.

@ Foof - ha! True. Asking a secretary to grab you a cup of coffee used to be part of the job description. Now it's the highest insult. My, how times change...

I don't even mean getting coffee. I've had trouble asking for copies, books from the law library, document checks, office supplies, etc.

@ lufty: let me clue you in on biglaw secretaries:

1 - There are no hot big law secretaries.

This whole exchange makes me sad. Have I taught you all nothing? I feel like I've failed you . . . .

@ Vox - don't knock wikipedia as a legal resource. With state budget cuts and all, that's what most of the judges use these days.

As for the "lifestyle" of Wikipedia-trained lawyers? Think Jersey Shore crossed with Deliverance, but with more Men's Wearhouse and less (or is it more?) corn-holing. Also we use nicknames like "the Comb-Over" and "the Jew" instead of "the Situation." That should about cover it.

KObalto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You must have scored some great shoes in the bargain!

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Might I add that I am in TTT Philadelphia?

Moreover, Foo, didn't you give scads of style advice back in your AutoAdmit days?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads