• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I plan to buy a Rolex

alchimiste

Reaction score
LA Guy, you already have 3800 posts? Don't lie to us; you are really living in France off their unemployment system...how else do you have time to post so much?

Jon.
Jon, you already have 2550 posts? Don't lie to us; you are really living in France off their unemployment system...how else do you have time to post so much?

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
(imageWIS @ May 14 2005,00:20) LA Guy, you already have 3800 posts? Don't lie to us; you are really living in France off their unemployment system...how else do you have time to post so much? Jon.
Jon, you already have 2550 posts? Don't lie to us; you are really living in France off their unemployment system...how else do you have time to post so much?
TouchÃ
00a9.png
, ROFLMAO...
biggrin.gif
I working in a software firm, thus I spend all day on the computer... Jon.

Cliff

Reaction score
(ernest @ May 12 2005,21:47)
Originally Posted by dorian,May 13 2005,06:46
Ernest, Don't you sleep? What time is it in Paris? 6... 7 o'clock in the morning? Sleep is for workers?
Sleeping is for lazy people .
biggrin.gif
HAHA... Brilliant Ernest response. Well done, Ernest...
I think we've found the new Yogi Berra .
laugh.gif

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish (I was on the French unemployment system).  Maybe then I could afford 12 Lanvin suits and a Rolex.  Actually, I do atmospheric modelling with computers, so am in front of one about 10-12 hours a day.  Lots of time to check the forum, which is in a little window most of the time.

Rabbi Mark

Reaction score
putting aside the guffaw-inducing qualities of the French welfare state, I find the "classic" Rollie -- oyster perpetual, gold and stainless with the bubble-top -- to be tacky in the extreme.

On the other hand, Sotheby's had a superb early '60s Explorer in stainless steel on offer about six months ago for one of their timepiece auctions. I think it went for about $2500, something really reasonable, not showy, but understated and nice. It was the first Rolex I've ever considered buying.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
putting aside the guffaw-inducing qualities of the French welfare state, I find the "classic" Rollie -- oyster perpetual, gold and stainless with the bubble-top -- to be tacky in the extreme.

Obviously tacky

but

the classic is the steel SUB

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser,May 13 2005,06:00
Originally Posted by ernest,May 13 2005,00:47
Sleeping is for lazy people .
I nominate this statement for the Irony Hall of Fame. We really need to get ernest on a reality television show. Â It would be pure ratings gold.

It would do better than the Simple LIfe, I guarantee it. Â There could even be a crossover. Â Anyone know someone we could pitch a pilot to?
I was thinking about a variation on the "mommy swap" shows. Â Ernest swaps families with a gangbanger from South Central. Â Hilarity ensues when ernest tries out his newly discovered street slang on the locals.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
(Ambulance Chaser @ May 13 2005,20:02) Hilarity ensues when ernest tries out his newly discovered street slang on the locals.
Cool off h****y.
dude how did you afford a patek.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(ernest @ May 13 2005,11:11)
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser,May 13 2005,20:02
Hilarity ensues when ernest tries out his newly discovered street slang on the locals.
Cool off h****y.
It's easy, in Europe a wellfare payment is on average about 6.000 USD a month. In France it's even a bit higher than average.

ernest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ernest,May 13 2005,11:11
Originally Posted by Ambulance Chaser,May 13 2005,20:02
Hilarity ensues when ernest tries out his newly discovered street slang on the locals.
Cool off h****y.

I never tip, N**** . So i saved up . Ernest, if I have to do this again, I'm going to have to start deleting your posts. Do not make me edit your language again - LAG.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's easy, in Europe a wellfare payment is on average about 6.000 USD a month. In France it's even a bit higher than average.
wow.gif
That "salary" probably puts you in the upper 25% of wage earners in the U.S.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(Ambulance Chaser @ May 13 2005,20:02) Hilarity ensues when ernest tries out his newly discovered street slang on the locals.
Cool off h****y.
That comment would be the least of your worries. I can assure you of that. If we happen to be LA at the same time one special evening, we will go to the Dragonfly (a hiphop style club - you will easily pass the dress code) together. You can do the Smurf; and I am going to have a ball down at the precinct headquarters in the aftermath of you complimenting some other guy's Smurf technique.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I never tip, n*gg*. So i saved up .
Cool it with the language.  

Striking a blow for miserly Frenchmen everywhere.

Roy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Roy @ May 13 2005,14:18) It's easy, in Europe a wellfare payment is on average about 6.000 USD a month. In France it's even a bit higher than average.
wow.gif
That "salary" probably puts you in the upper 25% of wage earners in the U.S.
Nah, i'd wish it were true. Then i'd be on welfare too
biggrin.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads