• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I need a new econobox in NYC! (Rec dealers?)

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
NYC cabbie made an unprotected left turn in front of me and totaled my car. This follows two other major dents to my vehicle while parked in Manhattan and Staten Island. Needless to say, I refuse to invest in a nice vehicle. I'm looking for suggestions and leads to my next reliable, safe econobox.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
The moral of the story here is to not drive in New York City.
Seriously. Isn't that one of the main benefits of living in NY? The excellent public transportation?

nerdykarim

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by norcaltransplant
NYC cabbie made an unprotected left turn in front of me and totaled my car. This follows two other major dents to my vehicle while parked in Manhattan and Staten Island. Needless to say, I refuse to invest in a nice vehicle. I'm looking for suggestions and leads to my next reliable, safe econobox.

For some reason, the word "econobox" makes me think of a Nissan Cube. I think you could pull it off.

(Nice to see you posting again; feel free to disregard my bad advice regarding cars)

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
People who drive in the city are idiots. It is a waste of money, a ton of frsutration, it's dirty, and the people who do drive in the city drive like assholes. I have no patience for people who drive in the city. Especially those assholes who drive 200 miles and hour in their POS loud cars on residential streets.

If you want to drive around move to LA.

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I reverse commute to Staten Island. Commute time by bus=50min-1hr. Travel by car 25-35 minutes.

I hate driving in NYC

I hate the BQE

I drive like an old lady to dodge the potholes

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would put a bullet in my head. I would never accept a job where I had to drive while living in the city.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
i love driving in NYC. you can be a total dick and everyone expects it.

granted i only drive there on weekends maybe twice a year.

get a used honda fit.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I narrowed it down to:
1) Honda Fit
2) Honda Civic
3) Toyota Corolla
4) Toyota Matrix

>2004
<60k miles

Does any have any recommended dealers or private parties?

chineart

Reaction score
Royal's Antique Furniture

WEB: http://www.easterncurio.com

--- occupy 500m2 square meter warehouse, focusing Chinese antique furniture, Make to Order furnitures, 1930 Shanghai Art Deco Furniture
--- run business Chinese antique furniture business 15 years in Shanghai, export 60 countries and regions, fluent in English. Of course, in Chinese
--- Free Delivery within Shanghai, or Pick up Freely by clients.
--- Resident outside of Shanghai city, Wooden Package/Truck Carrier way to ship to your door house Address, such as Chongqing, Beijing and other cities.
--- 40 minutes driving time from downtown Shanghai, close by Hongqiao Airport. Send SMS to 13901685220 for the directions.
--- export personal belongings for abroad residents lived in Shanghai

Mobile Phone :13901685220
Opening Time: 24 hours all day all time if appointment firstly(the reason, we born for furnitures and live on furniture).
Address : NO.4849 Beiqing Road,QingPu Region Shanghai China
(BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. Please send SMS for the directions how to get here)
EMAIL: [email protected]
ATTN: Mr. Royal Hsu

norcaltransplant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
24d3e55.jpg
(not mine) Picture borrowed from internet. Mine has a small door ding New whip Now I just need one ugly black rubber bumper guard and Im all set for Brooklyn. Sadly, this vehicle was within 6k-7k of the BMW from the "3-series out of college" thread. Just to reiterate what SF minimum wage can afford...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads