• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

KarolWiktor

Reaction score

I bought graphic IPS display in order to see true colors of my graphics and photos. Thanks to that I can see how my work will look like printed. :)
Its quite cheap but provides great quality typical for much more expensive professional displays.
NEC MultiSync EA244WMi

Zoop

Reaction score
A Roland D550... Dreamy pad sounds, apparently it was used in the score for the Lynch series Twin Peaks - might have to break out a flannel shirt when I play it :p

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
...a new phone. The old HTC M8 died on me and I was borrowing an iPhone 5s for able a month but that had to go back yesterday. I wasn't willing to wait for the M10 to come out so I "settled" on a Galaxy S7 (no edge) So far so good

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've been thinking about one of those although I am tempted to see what Nexus devices come out this year.

Still a little bigger than I would like, but my buddy just got one and it seems like a really nice phone. Battery life and water resistance are big plusses to me.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sounds like they have really cut back on the touchwiz crap and that you can disable most of what is left.

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't stand the Samsung software though. If I had to go Android, nexus or nothin.

It's my first Samsung. Feels a lot more solid (read: expensive) than the old old all plastic galaxy. Slightly smaller than the HTC but thankfully not nearly as slippery....that didn't stop me from dropping it on the pavement last saturday morning though. It landed on its side so all was well. Camera seems pretty good but I've only snapped about 10 pics so far. Screen is very sensitive to the touch. Threw a couple basic apps: mediamonkey to play my music, nike running for when I'm ..well..running or riding, parking apps, etc. A fingerprint scanner is about the only thing I envied Apple users for having and now I have one too! (nanny nanny boo boo)

Last edited:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bought a JP1-compatible remote to control my TV, receiver, and HTPC with one control. Also picked up a USB FLIRC receiver dongle because I wasn't happy with my old one (came free with some other ****** remote).

This thing is awesome. Great simple remote. I have a much more expensive logitech Harmony that I hate--they try to be too user-friendly, and it backfires when the devices get out of sync.

This one is programmable using "JP1" (the same system your generic Comcast Cable or whatever remote is based on). The software is a little janky compared to the Harmony stuff, but I think I actually could have done all of the programming I needed with just the remote buttons.

Now I've got it mostly set up (might swap a couple of buttons that I never use for other features), and it is great. Nice feeling buttons, a backlight that automatically turns on when I pick up the remote, and it only cost $17.

Last edited:

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saris Bones for fiddy beans

Rumpelstiltskin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice rack

For real though

I have an old crappy Rhode Gear rack that scratches frames plus you have to lash down each bike. It is a pain **********. My buddy has a 3 that he bought at retail price and that I've always liked

Then I saw a 2 on craigslist for ultra cheap but it was up in Southern Jersey. I was going to have my little brother pick it up since he is just a bridge away (Philly) but he was leaving to go to a conference. Would you believe the lady rejected all other offers and held on to it until he came back because I was first to contact her? I was shocked.

He brought it down on Sunday and it is in perfect condition. No UV damage, no rub marks or wear & tear on arms or legs, no wear and tear on the bike straps and the nylon rack straps have no snags. It literally looks fresh form the box. All for $50

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Bought a Surface Pro a few days ago.

Have started putting it through its paces and I think it is pretty cool. Plan to use it for some part-time classes, and I think it will be great for that...but it also just works pretty well overall.

Might be a bit awkward to use on a plane, but it also has the advantage of being a "tablet" if you fold the keyboard back, so they won't make you put it away for takeoff/landing.

Using it in tablet mode is pretty slick for reviewing documents while sitting on the couch...can even highlight/annotate with the pen.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two iPhone 8 last week for the wife and myself. It’s quicker and a bit more polished than the 6 I traded in, and the home button changed a bit. Not really much of a wow feeling except for one feature, the wireless charging. Bought the ikea charging plate for three phone and finally all those wires are gone.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads