• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just bought a... (non clothing item)

epb

Reaction score

Thinkpad 10 tablet. So far, so good...

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Small thing, but I picked up a CableBox at the Container Store. They are on sale for $21. Wouldn't pay full price, but felt worth it right now. Using it near my TV/entertainment center and it does wonders for making the mess of cables going into your surge protector look a lot cleaner.

I have one of those (maybe not same brand), very practical and nice looking, makes the whole place look very technical instead of messy. I guess this is why people dig that Tesla battery.

milosh

Reaction score

I was kidding...there's literally millions of them.

The two most overrated/overhyped products in audio history are both turntables...the LP12 & SL1200

I don't know. In terms of sound quality you're probably right but I think why people like the 1200/1210s is that they're very sturdy and very fixable. Like I can barely repair anything but after watching a few videos I've been able to replace the cables, adjust the pitch etc. My pair was used for mixing for at least 10 years before they got to me and they're perfectly fine. DJs also like them because they're standard. Any good club will have a decent pair so you won't need to adjust too much.

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Olympus OM-D e-M10 to replace my e-PM2

I know not everyone is crazy about the vintage inspired camera design trend going around (especially with the silver model)...but I can't get over how much this camera looks like my dad's camera I learned how to shoot on:

otc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
And a combination of my last 2 posts in this thread (although the macro lens isn't being used at macro length in this situation).

11014937_10100588784807350_4970160932355202847_n.jpg

Last edited:

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

bswift5

Reaction score
Hello I saw your anthony redmile hippo. I was given one years ago and I love it. Do you know what it may be worth?

Thank you,

Brett

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have one of those (maybe not same brand), very practical and nice looking, makes the whole place look very technical instead of messy. I guess this is why people dig that Tesla battery.

I bet looping power cables creates magnetic fields that interfere with small electrical signals like music and data. Great product otherwise especially for mitigating OCD,lol.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I bet looping power cables creates magnetic fields that interfere with small electrical signals like music and data. Great product otherwise especially for mitigating OCD,lol.

If you are transferring a digital signal (like over HDMI) it really shouldn't matter unless the signal is being carried over a great distance. Besides, this is for power cords. No reason to run your other cables through it.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
The OM-1 was my first camera but then I upgraded to an OM-2N. Great camera. Later bought a F100. Still have that and the OM-2N.

Today I bought a Nikon D750 to use with my AFS ED lenses. Build quality is excellent. I briefly had a 7100 but wanted to use all my lenses so I went with full frame.

Best Buy offered great customer service. I was 1.5 to 2 weeks beyond the 15 day return date but the store manager let me trade it in for full value on the D750.

Last edited:

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bought a used Sony A7.... I'm going to sell it though. It's a nice camera... I love its balance. I didn't like how big FF DSLRs felt. But I can only afford manual lenses for it at the moment, and they are a pain to use. So many missed shots. So I'm going to sell it and go back to Nikon DX. I like the D5500... going to get that, the Sigma 17-55 2.8 OS, the 30 1.4 Art and probably the Nikkor 55-300 or 70-300. I'm bummed because I just took the A7 and some MF lenses to NYC, and while I got some good shots I missed a lot too. And I just don't feel like the Sony FE native lenses are a good value. I had a D40 back in the day and while it was absolutely awful in low light, with the little 35 1.8 it cranked out some pretty images I still look at fondly.

Cool The Kid

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The OM-1 was my first camera but then I upgraded to an OM-2N. Great camera. Later bought a F100. Still have that and the OM-2N.

Today I bought a Nikon D750 to use with my AFS ED lenses. Build quality is excellent. I briefly had a 7100 but wanted to use all my lenses so I went with full frame.

Best Buy offered great customer service. I was 1.5 to 2 weeks beyond the 15 day return date but the store manager let me trade it in for full value on the D750.

Those new 1.8 primes are awesome. Tamron just came out with some new primes too. And of course Sigma has the ART ones. Lot of good glass.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Finally purchased a bike trainer after many months of putting it off.

Finally purchased a cellphone case

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads