• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh yeah of course.
but then its, i may as well wear a brown one instead of the dark one i want.
then just get some cheaper brand one.
then end up with a green H&M one or whatever.

Not saying you need to sacrifice quality just thought 6x2 DB in dark color be it suit or blazer is like everywhere. I don’t see husband paris offer something that special here

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Has anyone tried on the Husbands blousons in leather or wool? They look very cropped, much shorter than anything I own.

Hasn’t but those photo doesn’t quite give me any urge to try either, would love to see some non model pictures to judge in case it’s overly stylized there

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So much better, Sssense always has a very consistent style for their photoshoot across brand which in this case translated poorly…

laureth

Reaction score
Purchased the almond and light blue cotton sateen shirts from Matches. The cotton sateen is wonderful, and feels fantastic. These are absolutely more slim fit than their usual shirts, even if the measurements don't seem to be that different than normal (I'll have to measure them myself when I get the chance).

It would also be really cool if Husbands could keep things in stock, but hearing about the supply chain issues I guess that won't be changing for the foreseeable future.
Are the collar sizes at least consistent? :D I'm usually a 37 for most brands and I get my MTM Swann shirts in 37.5 because of the "shrinkage". The only Husbands shirt I've got is the boy scout in gauze, but that one is slightly oversized and is never buttoned up fully.

Wasn't really planning to wear any of the sateen shirts with a tie though so it's not that big a' deal if it happens to crush my Adam's apple buttoned up. I think I'll go for a sleazy look with the collar open instead.

Cobra

Reaction score
Are the collar sizes at least consistent? :D I'm usually a 37 for most brands and I get my MTM Swann shirts in 37.5 because of the "shrinkage". The only Husbands shirt I've got is the boy scout in gauze, but that one is slightly oversized and is never buttoned up fully.

Wasn't really planning to wear any of the sateen shirts with a tie though so it's not that big a' deal if it happens to crush my Adam's apple buttoned up. I think I'll go for a sleazy look with the collar open instead.
Yes the boyscout shirts are much bigger in general. The cotton sateen shirts are smaller in the body, but I wouldn't say they're smaller in the neck. Im a 15.5'' which is exactly a 39 so that's what I try to go for, though I have a few 40s and I might even have a 38 or two as well and I can't say the difference is that noticeable.

For anyone interested, someone on Mercari Japan is selling a charcoal flannel suit with chalk stripes for $885. Size is a 46 which is much too small for me.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yes the boyscout shirts are much bigger in general. The cotton sateen shirts are smaller in the body, but I wouldn't say they're smaller in the neck. Im a 15.5'' which is exactly a 39 so that's what I try to go for, though I have a few 40s and I might even have a 38 or two as well and I can't say the difference is that noticeable.

For anyone interested, someone on Mercari Japan is selling a charcoal flannel suit with chalk stripes for $885. Size is a 46 which is much too small for me.

Damn missed it, check out this guy too though, can’t think of a reason I would wear this but someone might

pwc008

Reaction score
Re: Post 529, that is an interesting reply from Husbands and I see no reason to dis-believe what they say.

I guess when I am in Paris this summer, I better be prepared for a longish wait for my items. Not a big deal in any event. Well worth the wait. No one makes a suit like Husbands - and especially at that price point.

columbiana09

Reaction score
Not a big deal? One poster has been waiting for over a year for his suit. 52+ weeks... for MTO?? And their website STILL says MTO orders are done "within 14 weeks." Their business is social media hype, not tailoring.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Damn missed it, check out this guy too though, can’t think of a reason I would wear this but someone might

And for those who like their jeans (personally I just go cheap on boot cut, ie Levi though Levi probably has lower rise than these, could also gone Wrangler, or up a bit in Barbanera, RRL now longer available so eBay hunt Slim Boot)

Satmoche

Reaction score
A little update for the MtM sport coat that I ordered last July. It was supposed to arrive in November, and they still have not received it.
What I found utterly frustrating with this is that I have had to chase every piece of information from the shop, their workshop cannot keep up with orders from the luxury brands they work for and their own customers.
I will come back this summer and, fingers crossed, I can retrieve it then.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
pure out of curiosity wonder who the luxury brand is, I think I saw Thom Sweeney and maybe one more guy has similar label?

edit: I know it's by eduardo de simone, but don't know who else they make for

penkala

Reaction score
I’m doing a big closet purge and have these Husbands trousers for sale.

New with out tags

Husbands fresco trouser in navy
Delon model

100% wool fresco

Lined to the knee (viscose I’d assume)
New without tags. Been sitting in my closet for about 3 years never worn

17.4” waist

12” front rise

12.3” thigh

30” inseam

7.25” hem

Dm me if you’re interested.
View attachment 2021061
View attachment 2021063
View attachment 2021065
View attachment 2021067

All those attention to detail then Comic Sans on the label. Made mi giggle

othertravel

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
pure out of curiosity wonder who the luxury brand is, I think I saw Thom Sweeney and maybe one more guy has similar label?

edit: I know it's by eduardo de simone, but don't know who else they make for

Barba Napoli.

Sweeney is made by Scuderi. A great value for RTW imo.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 99 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 96 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 11.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads