• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HUSBANDS (Paris)

pwc008

Reaction score
I really like my one Husbands MTM suit that I order in Summer 2022 in Paris, but everytime I wear it, which is not often, I notice more issues. Nothing to do with construction, or appearance, which is first class, but rather with for my body type. Most recently, the sleeves of the jacket have to be eased out from the elbow to the wrist, as they are far too tight and it's visually obvious. I am waiting to see what the result is before I order another one - especially if I am not in Paris speaking with Gauthier.

Again, this is NO criticism of the garment, and incidentally, the pants fit amazingly.

Next time, I am going to ask if some/all of the adjustments I need can be built into the suit when it is made. The look, feel, and vibe of Husbands garments is just fantastic.

MonsieurChan

Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know of brands doing similar suits to Husbands? The stock situation is reaching the limits of my patience but i love the style...

Also, if anyone wants to get rid of some ferry/jarvis style suits and jackets in 48, or some straight/wide trousers in similar sizes, i might want to take them off you. Just a desperate heads up :')

For the shoulder of the jacket, it's quite similar to Edward Sexton.

For the bottom part, it's a high waisted straight flared trousers. Husbands does it perfectly.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have Edward Sexton RTW jacket it’s actually a lot less padded but more extended, I don’t think modern ES go for the 70s nutter look they make it more angular/strong in a different way

merkwurdigliebe

Reaction score
Not to keep beating a dead horse about the long wait times for MTO but here is an email I received this morning about a jacket I ordered in July:

825a83728fc29119c76847d5156c0afe.png

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
speaking of which eduardo de simone makes for husband paris right?

I guess some interesting old report if someone care to read

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to keep beating a dead horse about the long wait times for MTO but here is an email I received this morning about a jacket I ordered in July:

825a83728fc29119c76847d5156c0afe.png
Interesting -- can't say I blame them but there will be a bifurcation between the MTO and RTW lines then in terms of production.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know of brands doing similar suits to Husbands? The stock situation is reaching the limits of my patience but i love the style...

Also, if anyone wants to get rid of some ferry/jarvis style suits and jackets in 48, or some straight/wide trousers in similar sizes, i might want to take them off you. Just a desperate heads up :')

just remembered, there is "BEN COBB X TIGER OF SWEDEN" on match, if you just want to try something very 70s inspired get it on deep discount to try, it's boxier and I think jacket runs longer vs. husband paris

youwhat

Reaction score
yeah, i'd seen that too.
prefer plain buttons (i know i could change them).

ideally this (or darker) but not in stock at the moment

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A typical 6x2 is not hard to find alternatives though? Lapel also looked fairly mainstream on that one

youwhat

Reaction score
oh yeah of course.
but then its, i may as well wear a brown one instead of the dark one i want.
then just get some cheaper brand one.
then end up with a green H&M one or whatever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads