• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

How can I find 90s, 00s, or older clothes?

fishofjoy

Reaction score
Helo,

Other than the brand (Lanesboro), 100% polyester, Made in China, and RN # (118731), there's no identifier and I don't know how I would order a similar or newer pair. I have a few articles of clothing like this, which I've always liked and used for a long time, but usually it's a hassle to find them, because they were custom or just some cheap non-brand at the time.
(see first image, looks small but is size M)

Also would like help finding a design like that 2nd image has, maybe instead put on some polyester or designed on some pants. I like that forest design work and color/texture of it, but the ones I have found are bland, childish, or cartoonish. I'd like to put that on some pants or a similar article of clothes. Even if it were only available for female, it would make a good gift.
(see second image, size unknown, just really liked the pattern and design)

Can anyone help or redirect me to someone who can make some proper clothes that aren't foreign and cost 1000$?.. Where would I go to get something re-created or ordered, if they are not available?

Opinion: I feel like a lot of new clothes are ****, very bland nowadays, and spotting 1 you like costs way too much. They are not for lean men/women, they're mostly for fat people now, or those who prefer to always wear pants. Others look like they are going to church. Online 'fashion' across everything looks like it involves going out and wearing a suit. I live near the tropics, why would I want to wear a damn suit everyday, and even if not, I'd just wear a sweater or some other clothing.

For example, when I bought hi-cut socks that are just the perfect length (go right over the ankles or even right below), the older ones used to have more width and made of a better cottonish material'. I had trouble finding them and once I found them, they are cheap, were very slim, made of cheap material, and they tend to constrict bloodflow in the feet even if they are the proper length.. (as if people who use these socks have tiny feet or they are expected to 'stretch' somehow?). I am not a super rich person, and I don't spend hundreds of dollars on clothes when it cost 100$ to buy and install a car part, (fix a car etc the cheapest way).. so I am not sure why it's so hard to find a stylish wear-everywhere type of clothing nowadays.. I just like to look nice and not pay the 1000$ price for 1 article of clothing. Anyway if someone can help with finding similar designs or types that would be helpful (socks, or similar 'board shorts', swim trunks, sports wear, or just nice wear-anywhere designs)

20190505_153124.jpg

0SeDS4C.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads