• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael81

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think you confuse well fitting clothing with him having a good physique. He is slender and more likely to look good in just about anything. This suit however doesn't emphasize his best sides. It looks shrunken and in a pretty outdated style. Dressing accordingly to your physique does not mean that anything should be skintight/short just because you're in good shape.

Completely different body type, but still, Arnold gets it. More classic proportions usually look best, no matter your shape:

Thank you for the kind words re my physique. The suit isn't skintight at all, by the way. I'd wear the crap out of it if it was 5 cm's longer. As far as being 'likely to look good in just about anything' is concerned, I don't really see it that way. I'm likely to look good in suits which have been altered for me, but that is about it.

I agree that classic proportions usually look best. But to arrive at that point inevitably involves a lot of alteration, which is both costly and time consuming. As Upr noted, the rack is not my friend.

Last edited:

sebastian mcfox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ho ho ho...

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
#86. Summer in the city.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bernoulli, we obviously both had windowpane on the mind today.

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's back to the office I go today, after a 10 week absence. Commuting will be a shock to the system, but at least I am able to get around reasonably well. Decided to "push the boat out" a bit, sartorially, for my return to normal working conditions.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Thomas Pink
Braces - BB
Cufflinks - Budd, London
PS - Alain Figaret
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Septieme Largeur, Paris
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf - Paul Stuart (debut)
Hat - Selentino

House of KYDOS

Reaction score
@upr_crust is that a pocket watch with compass?! I am jealous (in the good sense). where could i find one please?
shog[1].gif

EFV

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Picture I took a while ago but didn't post

it was for this interview in Swedish menswear magazine Plaza Uomo

Pretty proud of this, no use trying to hide that fact.

Last edited:

Mr Knightley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bernoulli, we obviously both had windowpane on the mind today.

Heigh-ho, heigh-ho, it's back to the office I go today, after a 10 week absence. Commuting will be a shock to the system, but at least I am able to get around reasonably well. Decided to "push the boat out" a bit, sartorially, for my return to normal working conditions.

Suit - Paul Stuart
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Thomas Pink
Braces - BB
Cufflinks - Budd, London
PS - Alain Figaret
Vintage watch chain
Shoes - Septieme Largeur, Paris
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf - Paul Stuart (debut)
Hat - Selentino

Bravo upr_! Looking great!

bernoulli

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sir crust, glad to see you posting again. Looking splendid as always. I don't know if I told you this, but I commissioned my suit after seeing your PS windowpane. Before that I did not consider windowpane something to be pursued. Imitation, flattery etc.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads