• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Chulillo

Reaction score
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif
Excellent @EFV

You are determined to win your own challenge this week, huh?

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
100% @EFV !

Dennis Walter

Reaction score
While I think Erik's fit is great, I think Olof killed it this time. My vote is Olof's for sure.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Next week they have a trunk show in berlin but it seems I don't have the time to visit
mad.gif
)

How can Shibumi be having a trunk show in Berlin if they're based in Berlin?

puzzled.gif

Jamesgatz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Isn't Braddock based in Florence nowadays. And I suppose if a webstore puts some merchandise on a trunk it's a trunk show even without the travel :puzzled:

YRR92

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With navy heather whipcords and mid-brown grain LWB.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
A rare lifestyle picture. Mother and Father Claghorn taken by my wife. I just happen to be in the background (thinking about work, probably)

LounesMatoub

Reaction score
How can Shibumi be having a trunk show in Berlin if they're based in Berlin?

puzzled.gif

There is no physical shibumi store in berlin only a MTM shop which carry a selection of wares of them

At the "trunk show" they will also take bespoke tie orders, including exclusive fabrics not featured online.

Yes, can you imagine? No more Sauerkraut mit Eisbein for poor @Braddock

In Berlin we eat Curry Wurst and Döner
smile.gif

Last edited:

Roycru

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Heavy Tweed Jacket" recently posted this illustration from a 1983 Brooks Brothers catalog on his blog......

...I realized that I had the same items, except that I got my jacket at Brooks Brothers in the early Seventies.

At the Culver Hotel in Culver City CA, where the Munchkins stayed (and rioted) while filming "The Wizard Of Oz" across the street. The Culver City Police Department use the radio call "The Munchkins are back" as their "Riot In Progress" radio call.

The Culver Hotel still uses the old style saucer champagne glasses (which I prefer) rather than those tiresome flute champagne glasses that are so dreadfully common now. Since someone always asks, I had Duck Ragout for dinner, which arrived after this picture was taken.....

.....and, since someone will probably ask if my trousers were like the trousers in the 1983 Brooks Brothers catalog illustration, standing, in the twilight's last gleaming, in front of Ivy Sub (a classic example of Mission Revival architecture), which once powered the Los Angeles Pacific and later Pacific Electric trolley cars on their way from downtown to the sea and is now used as a ham warehouse. (It was around 85F here today.)

Brooks Brothers tweed jacket, pink OCBD shirt, and BB#1 stripe tie, Thomas Pink pocket square, L L Bean cord trousers, Allen-Edmonds belt, and Allen-Edmonds for Brooks Brothers black Strands. Somewhere under there are also Brooks Brothers grey, red, and black argyle socks.

DonCologne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In the southwest of Germany we prefer to eat well made local dishes like Schäufele, Maultaschen, Schupfnudeln, Flädlesupp, Kässpätzle, Ochsenbrust or Rehrücken.

If we want to spent a little bit more money (which we have, even if we have to pay for the underarchiever regions in germany like Berlin) we go to one of the 74 Michelin stars rated restaurants in the region.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads