• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sanders fit is very good in my books. Bold look with high play on contrasting elements.

RGBColorWheel.png

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don, I love the components of this fit, and your colour matching is exceptional as always. But I see too many patterns competing for attention here. A solid shirt and solid tie would have worked better to focus the viewer's attention on that lovely jacket, which fits you incredibly well.

I don't remember seeing you wearing solid ties very often. They solve many sartorial problems. This I have learned from spending way too much time on StyleForum.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sanders fit is very good in my books. Bold look with high play on contrasting elements.

RGBColorWheel.png

With due respect, two-dimensional colour wheels are bogus. The human retina has three colour receptors and one light/dark receptor. The occipital cortex is wired to process these four elements as perceptions which we refer to in lay parlance as "colours".

The only legitimate way to represent colour perception is in four-dimensional space.

kulata

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

With due respect, two-dimensional colour wheels are bogus. The human retina has three colour receptors and one light/dark receptor. The occipital cortex is wired to process these four elements as perceptions which we refer to in lay parlance as "colours".

The only legitimate way to represent colour perception is in four-dimensional space.
he has more than two dimensions in his look. Pointing out the obvious.

It's ok if you don't like pink shirts

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That suit jacket is a phenomenon.

Teal tie is a beauty.

Burn the shirt.

Thanks; tie is a bit greener irl I'm afraid. And why the hell would I burn the shirt? I love the fabric. Collar is not great, but okay.

Tbh, I've never looked closely at a color chart but I have one friend who is always going on about seasonal types... doesn't make any sense to me.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
First outing for one of my birthday presents, today's bow tie.

Suit - New & Lingwood
Shirt - Tyrwhitt
Tie - Paul Stuart
Braces - BB
PS - Robert Talbott
Boots - Paul Stuart house brand

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks; tie is a bit greener irl I'm afraid. And why the hell would I burn the shirt? I love the fabric. Collar is not great, but okay.

Tbh, I've never looked closely at a color chart but I have one friend who is always going on about seasonal types... doesn't make any sense to me.

My comments all in good humour, I assure you. You're a better dresser than I'll ever be - which is only appropriate, as you're in the business.

Generally speaking, I applaud the recent increase in flamboyance of fits on this thread. Stunning successes, glorious failures, and everything in between, are all welcome. People should always be stretching their boundaries. The comments, opinions, dissections and deconstructions which follow are the very life blood of this forum.

cezinho

Reaction score
Green SC MTM from Lopez Aragon
Shirt guglielminotti kindly supplied by Harris aka @hnwhite
PS : drakes
tie: EG Cappelli
Shoes VASSHHH

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My comments all in good humour, I assure you. You're a better dresser than I'll ever be - which is only appropriate, as you're in the business.

Generally speaking, I applaud the recent increase in flamboyance of fits on this thread. Stunning successes, glorious failures, and everything in between, are all welcome. People should always be stretching their boundaries. The comments, opinions, dissections and deconstructions which follow are the very life blood of this forum.

Very kind of you to say so; don't worry, I didn't take it the wrong way, I was just interested in what you don't like about the shirt. To me, this is so basic, it's almost saying like "burn that light blue/white shirt".

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads