• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • The 2024 Styleforum and Epaulet Alpaca Project

For the third year in a row, we're thrilled to partner with @Epaulet to bring you an exclusive collection of luxurious sweaters, hats, jackets, and blankets in Peruvian Alpaca.

Details can be found here

The Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The weather in NYC is slightly overcast and not overly warm, albeit humid - leftovers of late summer are still with us for a few days. Digging into the archives, I came up with today's suit, a perfectly bland background for today's tie, a new purchase (Charvet on sale is my kryptonite - just sayin' . . .). The rest of the elements of the ensemble came together with the same elements of chance as a turn at a pachinko machine.

Certainly enough attire to run an errand or two this afternoon, and for dinner out this evening.

Suit - Paul Stuart/Phineas Cole
Shirt - Lewin
Tie - Charvet, via Saks Fifth Avenue
Cufflinks - Saks Fifth Avenue
Braces - Paul Stuart
Pocket square - Alain Figaret
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand

IMG_2032.JPG

IMG_2027.JPG
IMG_2029.JPG
IMG_2030.JPG
IMG_2031.JPG

eightace

Reaction score
Theatre outing outfit last night:

Luxius (3).jpg

Luxius (2).jpg

Jacket & shirt - Luxius (MTM/bespoke operation here in Sydney)
Tie - EG Capelli, Napoli (first outing!)
Pocket square - M. Cilento, Napoli (also first outing)
Braces - Thurston
Trousers - Paul Stuart NYC
Shoes - A. Meccariello
Luxius (1).jpg

Luxius 5.jpg

PXL_20241004_121258370.jpg

The photos don't do justice to the jacket, which is a bit darker IRL, in a superb herringbone cashmere blend.

The shoes are MTM/MTO from Antonio Meccariello, and they are exquisite, if I do say so myself.

Thin White Duke

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Navy and black

PRL navy suit
Anglo Italian shirt
Pink navy grenadine tie
Drake's bridle leather belt
Church’s Diplomat

View attachment 2258551
View attachment 2258553
This is very close to how Fleming described Bond’s dress in the books. 007 would have had a short sleeve shirt, black knitted tie and black ‘casuals’ (penny loafers?) but the end result isn’t far off. He never specified how many buttons on the suit jacket - probably two in the late fifties / early sixties but possibly three. I don’t think he ever specified whether Bond typically had turnups. I would guess no.

I prefer a little less austere look for myself and context is everything. You can get away with a lot more colour in sunny Florida than you can in rainy northern US / Northern Europe but I still admire this look.

I will add that if you’re not gonna wear a three button jacket as a ‘hard three’ (as I almost always do!) then THIS is how it’s supposed to look with a perfect lapel roll and the symmetry preserved of two visible buttons and button holes, one each above and below the fastened button!

I didn’t know PRL was known for this style of suit with modest lapels - wonder if it’s recent or vintage? Anyway - thanks for sharing and well done.

(Of course you’d need to swap out the watch for a “Rolex Oyster Perpetual” - again not specified but possibly a sub as was worn by Connery!😆).

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
My pandemic 20 has rendered almost all of my tailored clothing useless to me—and not one of my shirts will button around my neck. So, this evening’s attire required a trip to Macy’s for an emergency shirt. My first button-down dress shirt in I can’t remember how long.
IMG_9170.jpeg
IMG_9172.jpeg

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My pandemic 20 has rendered almost all of my tailored clothing useless to me—and not one of my shirts will button around my neck. So, this evening’s attire required a trip to Macy’s for an emergency shirt. My first button-down dress shirt in I can’t remember how long.
View attachment 2258745 View attachment 2258747
Welcome back! We missed you. I can only hope the shirt is Club Room.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Welcome back! We missed you. I can only hope the shirt is Club Room.
Nailed it! The tag said $60. When I took it to check out, the clerk said there was a sale, so it was $35, and then she gave me the “Elite” discount, so I walked out of there for only $27, tax included. Because the neck size is so big, the shirt is a bit tent-like, and the buttons on the cuffs would let my whole arm through the sleeve. I moved the buttons so that my hands would be visible. :) Even when I’m at my fighting weight, I have a 17” neck, so that’s why I ended up getting custom shirts in the first place.

ppk

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 2258745 View attachment 2258747
The tie dimple is the 👨🏽‍🍳😘

LouisDavout

Reaction score
This is amazing. The suit fit is superb. Only nitpick is that the watch seems a bit casual for the suit.
Thank you and I agree about the watch.
I would be perfectly happy with a vintage Omega or Cartier in yellow gold and a couple of leather leather straps in black and brown.

Featured Sponsor

Do you coordinate your watch strap with your shoes or belt?

• Always

• Sometimes

• Never

• I don't pay attention

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jerome A. Willingham