• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jaywhyy

Reaction score
Thank u very much for your comment. None of them is from a suit. Maybe u think like this because of the contrast of the colors. It almost doesnt exist. Sure i ll try to post more
The pants look like they're worsted wool, which screams orphaned. The jacket I had no qualms with

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi guise, new suit in a Lesser 8/9 oz dark grey.

Last edited:

Mhmt83

Reaction score
Here goes the second post. Tweed jacket with wool pants ( herringbone pattern again ). Probably would look better normal pattern pants but i m still waiting for them.

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice suit Pliny. Would be great to see it in a properly posed and lit photo. I know this might be difficult, but I think the suit deserves a decent shot. Holding the camera up as you do, causes the quarters to splay open and distorts the overall silhouette.

Did you have it made? The lapel width roll are excellent, and I suspect that may be a hand-sewn lapel buttonhole too.

Braddock

Reaction score
Like everyone else, I love Braddock's green donegal suit, but I'm wondering whether it wouldn't have been even better with pleated trousers.

Thoughts?

Aaahhh those pants are pleated (single, forward), like all of my pants. The pleats begin 6cm below the waistband, that's why you don't see them in the pictures. I don't like flat fronts.

Piling on but I love these.

Question--it looks like the blue suit is totally unconstructed, but what about the tweed? Is that a roped shoulder?

Both shoulders are totally unconstructed, but there is a huge difference how to make them. The blue suit has a spalla camicia (with shirring), the green has a extended shoulder which is made as giro aperto (sorry, I don't know the English term for that, but that isn't a roped shoulder).

Quote:

+1 very nice cloth.

Braddock, that green donegal is gonna get all the love, but I love the zig-zag knit with the gingham shirt.

Nice! Thanks for a combo idea Braddock!

Srsly one hell of a suit, Braddock. Makes up for the one you ripped.

Both of Braddock's suits are amazing.

Wow guys, thank you all for the compliments!

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like a nice suit Pliny. Would be great to see it in a properly posed and lit photo. I know this might be difficult, but I think the suit deserves a decent shot. Holding the camera up as you do, causes the quarters to splay open and distorts the overall silhouette.

Did you have it made? The lapel width roll are excellent, and I suspect that may be a hand-sewn lapel buttonhole too.

thanks, Kent Wang CMT the cloth is a vintage Lesser plain weave.

nice jacket

Last edited:

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
History repeats itself - in accessorizing today's suit, I hewed very closely to how I accessorized it on its debut. I am having dinner this evening with a number of people from these parts in cyberspace, and thought that I might like to show off some of the latest swag to its best advantage. Let us hope that I was right to do so. I did take the suggestion that I match the flannel in the suit with an ancient madder tie, instead of the solid navy repp which I wore the first time.

Suit - BB MTM
Shirt - BB MTM
Tie - BB
Braces - Paul Stuart
PS - BB
Vintage watch chain
Cufflinks - Niletti Creations
Shoes - Florsheim Royal Imperial (Magnanni)
Overcoat - Adolfo
Scarf - Fortnum & Mason
Hat - Selentino, via JJ Hat Center

arnathor

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Don, if you want to look green in your photos I won't stop you. I wasn't trying to mock you by neutralizing the colour balance. I'm going to pull that image down so the photo can be enjoyed in it's original state.

In regards to the outfit itself, I liked it, I was layering in a similar way yesterday.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 106 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads