• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Elio, this is awesome!

Muchas gracias, Betel! And others too, I appreciate it.
@Mhmt83 , others have already mentioned it, but that's about as strong a first post as I can remember having seen. Very nice!

@ridethecliche actually that jacket is a touch too big for me (and I hate it when the sleeve gets caught on my watch like that...)

Last edited:

lsugi152

Reaction score
Some amazing attire here, with many interesting ideas and combinations that I find frankly quite inspirational.

My own today:

Hackett suit, soft pink Turnbull and Asser shirt, Drakes dark blue tie, Drakes PS. C&J Audley black.

Still new to the PS game. Was wondering slightly about this blue, but I
wanted to add a slight bit of colour to offset the dark tie.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it is my first post here. i ve just joined today.. i hope u like it.

I'm raining on the parade here, but this isn't a good fit. IMO. Looks like you're wearing separates from 2 suits- a blue and a brown. The jacket needs more SC features to define it as such- say contrast buttons. The pants appear to be worsted, so really should be part of a suit, never worn odd. The tie is a small patterned neat, a quintessential suit tie and not for an odd jacket fit either ... Likewise the semi-spread collar. Finally, there's not enough top/bottom contrast.

Square is well chosen. I hope u keep posting - the colors, fit and silhouette are nice.

@jfrater c'mon man, u know that's not good.

Last edited:

Coxsackie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jfrater, burn the tie. I'm actually a supporter of yellow ties but that one is just wrong.

Jacket is nice.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
jrafter, I feel burgundy adelaides are best with navy suits or jackets (mostly in heavier clloths, due to their brogueing). Otherwise they're pretty distracting, despite their loveliness. Have you tried that suit with any calfskin captoe kicks in a chestnut (or lighter) brown?

Just burgundy adelaides or all adelaides? I think of black and brown adelaides as being about as formal as semi-brogues or brogued balmorals (like G&G Westminster) and worsted appropriate.

jfrater

Reaction score

@jfrater
  c'mon man, u know that's not good.

When I put this on this morning (copying a 20 thumbs up fit from someone else) I knew it would get lots of negative comments. At least I know I can trust my judgement now :) Tomorrow I will do a million times better - promise!

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Without giving away who it is, I will say that I think the picture you copied from provided more contrast, especially in the PS, and shirt color. I doubt I would have chosen the tie he did, but it does offer more contrast than the one you chose.

Last edited:

UrbanComposition

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just burgundy adelaides or all adelaides? I think of black and brown adelaides as being about as formal as semi-brogues or brogued balmorals (like G&G Westminster) and worsted appropriate.

Just burgundy. Specifically in that shade, which stands out too much for that particular outfit. A dark burgundy, dark brown or black would be fine.
Love burgundy adelaides, but they're rather limiting. Not as much as spectators, tho :uhoh:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williamstom