• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Midweek, and a bit colder in NYC than yesterday, though not the Arctic blast we had from last week. Still, a good day to wear flannel and camel's hair . . .

Suit - Joseph Abboud
Shirt - Brooks Brothers
Tie - Charvet
Cufflinks - Tyrwhitt
Pocket square - Robert Talbott
Shoes - Paul Stuart house brand
Overcoat - Brooks Brothers
Scarf - Thomas Farthing, London
Hat - Selentino

IMG_7142.JPG

IMG_7137.JPG
IMG_7138.JPG
IMG_7139.JPG
IMG_7140.JPG
IMG_7141.JPG

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Newcomer
Fit is so good on this!
Can we get the deets?

As WillingtoLearn mentioned, the tuxedo and vest are bespoke from Chris Despos. The shirt is from G. Inglese, studs are from Samuel Gassmann, bow from Calabrese, and unpictured shoes are from Antonio Meccariello.

And thank you for the kind words!

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wore this Saturday night, for a coronation ball. Was able to snap a quick picture.

So far, have had two wears since around mid-December. Also, Mr. V., are you able to spot that barely discernible makeup smudge (I am just neurotic about such things).

View attachment 905574

post-jpg.905377

post-jpg.905376

Very nice rig! If I may, what exactly is a coronation ball, and what is its purpose in today’s modern society? Surely, it can’t be the coronation of a monarch. Is it different from a debutante ball?

jacket: Spier & Mackay
shirt: Brooks Brothers
tie: Berg & Berg
trousers: Spier & Mackay
loafers: Meermin
expression: let's hurry this up...

View attachment 905609
View attachment 905607

Love the look! How’d you rate Berg&Berg ties? I am tempted to order some but am afraid that 8cm (3.14’’) would look too narrow against my hefty frame.

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very nice rig! If I may, what exactly is a coronation ball, and what is its purpose in today’s modern society? Surely, it can’t be the coronation of a monarch. Is it different from a debutante ball?

Thank you!

And I really should have said coronation party. In short, I am on the board of a Mardi Gras krewe that, prior to the Mardi Gras ball, has a coronation party thrown by the King and Queen of the krewe for that year. The coronation party simply celebrates that the King and Queen have been coronated. In short, it is a lot of people with too much money to spend - and really, is more of a business / networking event. But I will gladly dress up and eat free food and drink free booze.

In my instance, the Mardi Gras ball doubles as a debutante ball, of sorts. Louisiana is slightly different in that respect. In TN, MS, AL, etc., typically the debutante balls are not associated directly with Mardi Gras - and they occur at all different times of the year.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you!

And I really should have said coronation party. In short, I am on the board of a Mardi Gras krewe that, prior to the Mardi Gras ball, has a coronation party thrown by the King and Queen of the krewe for that year. The coronation party simply celebrates that the King and Queen have been coronated. In short, it is a lot of people with too much money to spend - and really, is more of a business / networking event. But I will gladly dress up and eat free food and drink free booze.

In my instance, the Mardi Gras ball doubles as a debutante ball, of sorts. Louisiana is slightly different in that respect. In TN, MS, AL, etc., typically the debutante balls are not associated directly with Mardi Gras - and they occur at all different times of the year.

Thank you for the quick lesson! None of these events is something I am used to, up north!

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them