• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
@Cleav
love that tie, but I love that Benz McLaren even more
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

@sugarbutch
looking nice!

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My last fit for a bit. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer and now I'm taking personal time to recover.

Suit- Private label from houndstooth KC. Wool cashmere
MTM proper shirt
Watch- Rolex 16610
Shoes Loake 1880 Stand

Wishing you a speedy and healthy recovery

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm happy to join the discussion over there but at the moment I find the majority of the ties favored in that thread blend in rather than stand out, especially if that's all one ever wears. I just organized my tie collection the other day and stowed away anything slimmer than 3 inches. That still leaves me with 24 "in the rotation" of which about 18 are suitable for business and maybe 6 are less so. I don't buy ties from any one place so there is quite a range.

My favorite, though, is this one from Drake's which I believe should meet with SF approval:

tumblr_n8rercfwUQ1r8bgano1_540.jpg

Tie is great. That knot is not. At some point, please post a picture of your 24, including your "silly six."

Out of curiosity, are you advancing professionally so that you now need to dress a little more conservatively more often? Just have noticed that your presence here has increased over the last few months.

----

@Seamless
Good luck!

----
Butchy, that fit would have been flawless with a wool-silk square. The sheen really bothers me there. I know others actually prefer a sheen on a square when the rest of the outfit is very matte. Just not me.

Last edited:

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are you advancing professionally so that you now need to dress a little more conservatively more often? Just have noticed that your presence here has increased over the last few months.

Just taking more of an interest. Classical tailoring is what got me into clothes in the first place but it hasn't really been my focus in the past few years. I'm trying to do a bit more keeping up with both sides of the spectrum lately.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Butchy, that fit would have been flawless with a wool-silk square. The sheen really bothers me there. I know others actually prefer a sheen on a square when the rest of the outfit is very matte. Just not me.

I won't argue. Wool/silk hanks are the bee's knees.

PCK1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Northern Lights w/ Navy Odd Trouser.

Do you dare?

Formosa x Drapers
Ambrosi x Holland & Sherry cotton
BB Polo collar
E. Marinella grenadine
Koji Suzuki bespoke split toe

nabilmust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the thumbs and positive feedback on my last fit. A possible inclination that I'm somewhat headed in the right direction.

I'll wear an exploded paisley suit soon just for you, SugarButch.

Todays efforts:

I am rarely one to offer any advice unsolicited; but alas here I am.

That jacket is lovely. I would try a plain white shirt with a plain white pocket square and a blue tie. I'd keep the tie 'quiet' because I'd leave the patterns on the suit do the 'talking'.

Alternatively, if I had to pick a blue shirt, it would be a very light blue, with a dark brown tie. Again, a quiet tie. Perhaps a grenadine or a knit.

These are, of course, my personal choices and just suggestions.

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@nabilmust is that Iris Tailor from Singapore? How's your experience with them?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brownelia