• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Noodles

Skid Fu
Reaction score
What, my little Noodle went AWOL? Sartorial Courtmartial!!!!
Wore the wrong size.
peepwall[1].gif

EliodA

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From a distance that looks really nice, @Roy Al
But I'm afraid up close it's just too busy with all these patterns in similar scales.

Caustic Man

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
From a distance that looks really nice, @Roy Al
But I'm afraid up close it's just too busy with all these patterns in similar scales.

I agree, but I would say that he is also making marked improvement. I don't know if it has been a conscious effort or not, but I am liking @Roy Al 's stuff more often.

Roy Al

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree, but I would say that he is also making marked improvement. I don't know if it has been a conscious effort or not, but I am liking @Roy Al 's stuff more often.

Thank you, CM. I try my best but I realize from time to time that isn't always enough. It is helpful to get replies as EliodA gives here.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Tweed with cotton trousers?

And where do you buy your ties? I know I've harped on your ties before (and part of me feels bad for continuing to do so, but I'm sick and warped and the tie is always the most interesting part of an outfit to me). I'm hoping to slowly convince you to go to GNAT for tie advice.

I'm happy to join the discussion over there but at the moment I find the majority of the ties favored in that thread blend in rather than stand out, especially if that's all one ever wears. I just organized my tie collection the other day and stowed away anything slimmer than 3 inches. That still leaves me with 24 "in the rotation" of which about 18 are suitable for business and maybe 6 are less so. I don't buy ties from any one place so there is quite a range.

My favorite, though, is this one from Drake's which I believe should meet with SF approval:

tumblr_n8rercfwUQ1r8bgano1_540.jpg

southernstyle

Reaction score
Thanks for all the thumbs and positive feedback on my last fit. A possible inclination that I'm somewhat headed in the right direction.

I'll wear an exploded paisley suit soon just for you, SugarButch.

Todays efforts:

Last edited:

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for all the thumbs and positive feedback on my last fit. A possible inclination that I'm somewhat headed in the right direction.

I'll wear an exploded paisley suit soon just for you, SugarButch.

Todays efforts:

The suit is really nice, I think; the rest is far too loud for me, so I won't even try to give my detailed thoughts. :lol:

Cleav

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

^^fantastic!

You're very kind, thank you! About to retire the jacket for the summer but it was a little chilly this morning so thought I could get away with it :D

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmozale