• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cotton D, i fear that jacket is indeed too big. does not flatter you like your other jackets.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i doubt it. it looks to need so much work that even if it can be fixed, it would likely not be worth the expense.

shoulders look big, arms look big and too long, the quarters look too closed... its just too big all around imo.

:(

J011yroger

Reaction score

Thanks, IS. That's sort of what I was afraid of. Wonder if there is any chance in fixing it.

Is that a Polo jacket?

I have two very similar ones, and they fit perfectly unbuttoned, but when fastened they are suddenly all out of sorts and don't lay right. The edges roll and all manner of stuff happens.

I agree yours looks too big, but it is passable when open, then when buttoned looks all out of sorts.

I've taken to wearing mine casually and open, sometimes with sweaters.

J

MattR

Reaction score
Square got a little wonky. C'est la vie.

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
CD, I was referring to the shirt sleeves, but I suppose that's moot.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks CP, very kind of you to say so. (I'm going to take wow as a compliment :embar:)

Ps thank all for the thumbs gents, much appreciated

Yes, it was a compliment!

Cotton Dockers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CD, I was referring to the shirt sleeves, but I suppose that's moot.

Ah, yes. In that case, you are correct.

Yesterday. Shoes are beaters. It's still nasty out, but I'm tired of wearing boots.

I like everything but the tie here, it seems a little bright maybe? The particular shade of the pants is great, as is the cardigan.

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like everything but the tie here, it seems a little bright maybe? The particular shade of the pants is great, as is the cardigan.

You and shugz said the same thing about this tie the last time I wore it. Any recs as to what it would look good with? I actually had a brown/black glen plaid tie on and changed to this tie. There is royal blue in the pocket square and I added the silk knot to tie it all in. Oh, well.

beneven

Reaction score
I like the colors, but I think the tie bar is too high. I don't like the look of the tie bar being wider than the tie. I usually wear my tie bar between the 3rd and 4th button hole. It usually not visible when I'm wearing a jacket.

Thanks for the feedback; I was aware when dressing that this particular bar was a little wide for the tie--it's one of the slimmer ones I own, however the bar is the only one I have as I keep losing my smaller ones
baldy[1].gif

For some reason I like the bars a little higher when wearing an SC, don't know why but I just like the look--just personal preference, I guess. I like the idea of creating a horizontal line in the chest area, it's a nice detail to me--as much aesthetic as functional. That being said, the placement was a little high--I did in fact lower it a little over the course of the day.

Again: thanks for the feedback--much appreciated!

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

You and shugz said the same thing about this tie the last time I wore it.  Any recs as to what it would look good with?  I actually had a brown/black glen plaid tie on and changed to this tie.  There is royal blue in the pocket square and I added the silk knot to tie it all in.  Oh, well.  

Go with a black knit on this. Adding a pattern to this is incongruous with the textural variations that you're playing with. A knit side steps this. The black serves to ground and draw the eye to the middle, at which point things are balanced. This is the opposite of what that shiny blue on blue tie is doing. That tie looks so bright that it pushes my eyes away.

J011yroger

Reaction score

You and shugz said the same thing about this tie the last time I wore it.  Any recs as to what it would look good with?  I actually had a brown/black glen plaid tie on and changed to this tie.  There is royal blue in the pocket square and I added the silk knot to tie it all in.  Oh, well.  

My unsolicited two cents, to me that is a nighttime city tie, and your outfit is a daytime countryish, quasi professorial one.

I don't love the tie, but if I had to wear it, I would do so with a dark outfit out on the town. With a solid suit or velvet jacket out to a martini bar or the like.

Anywhere a twenty something girl in a black dress that barely reaches below her buttocks looks out of place, that tie will look out of place.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads