• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldog/oldtrix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
KfiSB0Z.jpg

dVeSWht.jpg
unFTTKt.jpg

TweedyProf

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I agree, unfortunately I'm lacking a proper tie for this suit at the moment. I went through about 7 options last night with @TweedyProf and although navy was going to be my safe choice, I opted for dark green with navy dots. I already have some good options on the back burner that I'm working on purchasing.

Of these, I'd go with the first tie, the Conrad Wu.

On the green, the advantage of the Conrad Wu as a green versus the suit supply is the saturation, I think. In the end, maybe your current green is a bit flat, less rich. I still like it given the options. Hope it felt ok wearing it.

The red paisley is too busy. Although sold out at NMWA, something like this would be a better paisley:

http://www.nomanwalksalone.com/inde...dy-wool-challis-tie-mustard-navy-paisley.html

I think stitches might have something similar in light blue. Despite Stitches lesson, I still don't know how to embed images!

BTW: nice boots. How blue are they?

jungleroller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The boots are barely blue with inside lighting. If it wasn't January in Chicago I would snap an outside pic in the sun, but I haven't seen sun in a few weeks.

Last edited:

An Acute Style

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Very nice mix of patterns. I think we're the same height, but you look short in this picture.

X-post from Friday Challenge!!!

EVERY ONE PLEASE PLAY IN THE FRIDAY CHALLENGE GAMES!!!!

http://www.styleforum.net/t/374501/friday-challenge-01-10-2014-sf-family-values/0_20

Repping 7 of SFs fine families:

SC - Panta
Shirt - Borrelli via STF
Tie - Sam Hober
PS - Drakes via NMWA
Pants - Howard Yount
Socks - Isaia via eHaberdasher
Shoes - GG MTOs via Bespoke England

[
/quote]

Super nice. I love the line on the pants. So clean.

You and I are going to discuss **** civilly, if you catch my drift
mwink%5B1%5D.gif

and if you didn't, Tira is busy for a few months, so I'm asking some people to sub. I'm waiting for Stitchy to put the finishing touches on Part II (on brands). And if you missed Part I (on standards)
http://www.styleforum.net/t/366145/tira-and-clag-discuss-civilly-i

Nawh, I fumbled. What are we talking about?

This AAS kid has got fire. Sucka MCs better watch out.

stirpot.gif

inlandisland

Reaction score

Solid shirt and this would be pretty damn cool. I love this bowtie; details please?

Thanks Holdfast. I 100% agree that it should have been a solid shirt. I even knew it as I was getting dressed in the morning, but I didn't act. The bowtie is from thetiebar.com. It's the "Scottish Plaid - Royal/Green/Red", but it looks like it's currently out of stock.

Stilig

Reaction score
What I wore today for work:

- G.abo Napoli jacket
- Morris Heritage shirt, tie and sleeveless cardigan
- Rubinacci Pochette
- Oscar Jacobson Trouser
- DèPio socks
- Cleverley Tassels

Too poor to afford a nice watch, so let us just all imagine there's a Vacheron Constantin on that wrist.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

At the end of a very long day, this is what the new Lazio suit looked like on its maiden voyage

My phone camera is unable to do justice to the rich colors of this fabric: brown, grey, and blue.. The tie base color is brown.

And here is the controversial trouser length and cuff:

Thanks, all, for the comments and suggestions.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
GMMcL, is that Stitchy's jacket?

Jungle, I'm not generally keen on teal, so I'm not the right person to ask.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

GMMcL, is that Stitchy's jacket?

Jungle, I'm not generally keen on teal, so I'm not the right person to ask.

Its entirely possible, since I think it was found secondhand not far from his demesne.

Why do I detect a tone of disapproval?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics