• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

teddieriley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Weekend in the woods: "Wild Russian guy in the lap of nature"
lol8[1].gif
biggrin.gif

Is the second pic before or after you wrestled the bear?

Neofinitia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picture621.jpg

Ok,ok so I have been gone a while...

Nothing new but being here and there and there. You know the drill.
Picture699-1-1.jpg
Picture813-1.jpg
Picture941-1.jpg
Picture917-1.jpg
Picture1085-1.jpg
Picture1138.jpg
Picture155-1.jpg
Picture339-1.jpg
Picture295-1.jpg
Picture477-1.jpg

Till next time. Over and out.
Picture1033.jpg

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
help me out with this.....i saw something similar done and looked great....but i always feel odd when my coat is lighter than my pants...I just dont know if it works. Some confirmation either way would help me out...

and up close....excuse the neck fat, im looking down and makes my neck look fat as f*ck.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

I think I need to simplify my fits, 'cause yours looks awesome.

No, really you just need a haircut and to stop wearing loud suits.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

help me out with this.....i saw something similar done and looked great....but i always feel odd when my coat is lighter than my pants...I just dont know if it works. Some confirmation either way would help me out...

and up close....excuse the neck fat, im looking down and makes my neck look fat as f*ck.

Sure thing, *****. :fence:

I never thought I'd say this, but what about a darker shirt with this combo? It might work nicely. Also, skip the tie when doing the darker pants thing. Somehow, these combos look casual and relaxed; which is why the tie is too much.

Edit: By the way, those pants are marvelously fantastic. I get excited every time I see them.

Last edited:

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

20111009_105621.jpg

Sorry about the blurry body shot. This is my attempt to channel Doc Holliday.

Say my name and, like Beetlejuice, I shall appear. Especially when you spell it right.

It's flattering to be remembered but a DTO of me with collar buttons done up? Tch.

You got a lot right -- the tweed, the BD collar, the flannel, the grenadine, the suede bootS, the pose -- but the pen is more PG and the shirt not nearly iGent enough. Drop a nice blue stripe or a tattersall in there for me next time.

The Holliday school of dress makes for pretty comfortable gear, no?

Last edited:

Cravate_Noire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you want to know? What do you want to see? How come there are red and white chalk marks?

Sometimes there is even yellow as a third colour (to brighten things up).
These marks show what was moved from where it would have been normally, and from where it was moved to, one may conclude why it was moved :).
(though I could have not, if I was not told about it, to me it looks like any other chalk marks used for a coat).

fritzl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Your mean Medvedev? Couse the last name of Russian president almost mean "bear" in Russian language :happy:

no. thanks for the information. i was talking about power.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Is the coat linen? It seems rumpled and summery when everything else has transitioned to fall.

I think the disparate nature of the elements is more of the issue than the lightness of the coat. Rumply, casual light-colored coat + dressy wide spread + dark brown suede + busy trou ... The coat, to my eye, looks out of place, and the color is just one of the reasons.

Last edited:

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I really like all the items by themselves but the shirt looks like something you would wear in the spring/summer (pink stripes). I would put it away until then with your other seasonal apparel. It doesn't go with the other more fall fabric and colors. Note, the burgundy in your tie. Burgundy usually looks best against a white or blue shirt. Your new solid navy socks would have been an ideal choice.
Getting prepared to post a :slayer: or a :facepalm: when I see how you will be wearing your new Gallo socks. Choose wisely .........:)

I laughed at this... noted on the socks, you are right. But the jacket and pants are 4 season to me, not fall - the shirt, sure a summery vibe, but it was about 83 degrees today. Seriously. And again, right on about the burgundy and blue.

I have the Gallos in hand. :)

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DerekS, I only think a light coat like that works when worn with something that's even lighter. So in this example with a shirt of a similar value you'd need lighter (white?) pants. For it to work with darker pants, I'd go even darker than the ones you have there and pair it with a white shirt...

I'd be curious to see pleasing examples where the coat is the lightest element.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads