• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All but the pleated/cuffed jeans. Good stuff.

Why can't jeans just be jeans?

Edit: And the shoes but this is the last I will mention that I dislike those particular boat shoes.

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. They're not from anywhere special. This one's from a random market stall; the more battered, slightly yellower one is from Marks & Spencers.

Thanks for the info. I have been enjoying wearing the cheap Panama I got some weeks ago, so I'm looking to get something better (for the next year anyways), but have no idea where to look. Brent Black's stuff looks great, but a little pricey... a nicely blocked Cuenca should suffice for me, but finding one around these parts is quite difficult.

Last edited:

RDiaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, good info
smile.gif

Though it ends up recommending Brent Black. Not sure if I'm ready to pay even his lowest price for a hat...
tongue.gif

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks for the info. I have been enjoying wearing the cheap Panama I got some weeks ago, so I'm looking to get something better (for the next year anyways), but have no idea where to look. Brent Black's stuff looks great, but a little pricey... a nicely blocked Cuenca should suffice for me, but finding one around these parts is quite difficult.

FWIW, the panama which I'm wearing today was bought in London this May for 79 GBP - brand name Christy's, bought at a shop called Thomas Farthing, in Museum St. between Great Russell St. and Oxford, (i.e. just south of the British Museum).

Frankie22

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
This looks great, and frankly, no one can tell a suit jack is orphaned unless it is made from a ultrafine wool with some sheen, imo. What you have on is casual so it works perfectly. Im actually thinking about purchasing a suit (linen/wool blend) in the same tone, but with a navy overcheck to wear as an odd jacket.
Alright, yesterday's fit involved a poor choice in tie (thanks JB, HF). I wasn't sure; something felt off, but I figured it was because I was wearing an orphaned suit jacket. I wanted if it could see if it was workable since it had a broad pattern and patch pockets.

Anyway, today:

mrjester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@CLAG - what are you doing with that cash?! You're in the NPC!
tongue.gif

Linen almost everywhere
Looks great. I'm not brave enough to wear linen everything. I'd sweat like crazy and it'd just stick to the fabric, making me look like a slinky. One or two linen items works.

Last edited:

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice suit (and hat)

But in the first couple of pictures, the camera made it look like you're a predator about to go into stealth mode.

It will be hot (though happily not humid) today in NYC, and I find myself needing to be in a suit (albeit seersucker), for the annual Garden Party at the Frick Collection, a fund raiser which people attend to see and to be seen, and, with luck, photographed by Bill Cunningham of the New York Times. (However I am dressed, there is no danger that I will make the Style section of the Sunday NY Times - only recognized members of society, or patrons of the Frick much higher on the food chain than myself show up there.)

But, as a dress extra in this evening's comedy, I guess I'll pass.

Suit & tie - BB
Shirt -Tyrwhitt
Cufflinks - New & Lingwood
Shoes - C & J
Hat - Christy's, via Thomas Farthing, London

upr_crust

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Nice suit (and hat)

But in the first couple of pictures, the camera made it look like you're a predator about to go into stealth mode.

At first, I was trying to determine what facial expression of mine was making me look predatorial, but then I realized that you were referring to the moire effect that takes place with digital photos of narrow vertical stripes - either that I am about to be transported a la "Star Trek", or that I am doing my own imitation of a work of Op Art.

zeBanker

Reaction score
@CLAG - what are you doing with that cash?! You're in the NPC!
tongue.gif

Looks great. I'm not brave enough to wear linen everything. I'd sweat like crazy and it'd just stick to the fabric, making me look like a slinky. One or two linen items works.
Thanks. In (funny) fact, actually everything is linen except the shirt due not having any proper linen shirt - something i have to change in the nearer future ;)

ndicola

Reaction score
I am a brand new member and am just now updating my style and this is the look I like the best. Are those brown suede? And does brown suede go best with jeans? I was told blue suede goes best (if the tones of blue aren't too close). Also, would you suggest wearing this brown sports coat or a blue blazer? Or is it a matter of formality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads