• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me find some 1" dress belts

Davidson

Reaction score
I keep reading that 1" wide is the classic size for men's dress belts but I am having a very hard time finding what I am looking for. I am a shorter man (5'6") so I want some dress belts that, proportionally, fit me the way that a typical 1 1/8" - 1 1/4" dress belt fits a man of average height. Currently, I wear 1 1/8" wide dress belts and they look acceptable but I really want to nail this detail. I'm hoping you all can help me.

What I am looking for:
  • 1" (25mm) wide
  • Size 30
  • Smooth with no details (feathered edge or light unnoticeable stitching ok)
  • Very slim/sleek rectangular frame buckle - no box frame or round buckles
  • Basic colors - Black, Dark Brown, Burgundy, etc
  • Decent quality
  • Slim and supple leather - not heavy duty work belt style thickness
Examples of the look I am after:
Jxgbn0arulO-dRVkFYn-_lPxtyF1zSgeU8PsoBMIqCU65k_w5uoKeEu11HATVJS0RnweWeZKOzTAE3US-fgTlQCXaPaUWjzux9lhzhuVua3eiMWZ0W3_HKxS3mCZ4yCThMMiUKGLXdyhCgNoLrNpGc87Pzi2Xd9PeqxFWA9IIzV1DyjhXTdQu404xUhx0GLt6fDocMY8yLycJh21r1sEspJrP2em2_FXItnSM6HYcvTA0_BlAX8isTu2Aj-e1llSy4NjVq65CCHr_dHvP2yHHJunvI4Y---RjIhTIR8I-ga2NWWhd8pQyiod4EG35UmrbnfgRGs6CR4UXutNGFAnJFYnOGB_01Oe_hMoo42k1zA0_KjTNCExnfNotYJ8xF883qFe2gSyh82CTLA_bKXbV_Cn--Qs41AqRAA1Koqz8BqPXMJAz8yuEsrqLYBB3Fc8T-U6UYJ7Zpzv9cNmcd5uAg6IIdVSAIXiK1S61KQK8p5fKFkZSSL1-u-_QUOmO7UUI_k9weJoKQSkyrHC_vOroBO6otyQ7h6eww5NRUJ6PbcDLdYhurwXIWP87g0z8n-flQLQtOPJn_dMxiT9pKZcxxTIqSHMlWFK0OaY8QY=w1000-h415-no

What I have found, so far:

Equus Leather
-------------------------------------
These are the closest I have found, so far, but the ridges in the strap and the slightly rounded buckles make them slightly more casual looking than what I'm looking for. Still, pretty nice. I still might get one of these if I can't find what I am looking for.

Narragansett Leathers
Again, more casual looking belts with casual looking rounder frame buckles. I'd get some of these for chinos and jeans.

Trafalgar
Great looking straps but they only offer box frame buckles and they don't offer size 30. I'd rather not have to resize the strap and find a buckle elsewhere.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Davidson

Reaction score
Well it looks like I'll have to try some boys belts for the time being. This is disappointing since it's probably safe to assume that the quality isn't that great on kid's stuff.

Brooks Brothers has some decent looking 1" boy's dress belts but the buckles are a little odd looking - http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Classic-Leather-Belt/063T,default,pd.html

Their Red Fleece are 1" but the buckles are gold toned - http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Leath...ar_RV00017_Color=BRWN&contentpos=43&cgid=1807

Hmph

Spark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had Equus make me up a pair in brown and black straps and just paired them with a tiffany engine turned buckle - hard to beat!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads