• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Harry Rosen Economic Crisis Sale?

Bill Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I scooped a nice navy pinstripe Coppley suit at a third off the last ticketed price at the Harry Rosen Outlet centre in Mississauga. I am happy with what I got.

micbain

Reaction score
Originally Posted by holymadness
Holt's just announced their Boxing Day prices: up to 50% off selected items.
sarcasm.gif

http://www.holtrenfrew.com/holts/pag...guage_id=1&f=1

Saw quite a few brioni suits at 50% off at the vancouver location; however, 50% off a $5,000 suit is still too steep for me.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dclloyd
I'd agree that their regular prices are about the same as their competitors in Canada - however - seem to be quite high by comparison to what's found south of the border, even before the current economic meltdown. In terms of alterations - I thought with Rosen's that you have to pay for them when you're buying on sale?
That's not a problem limited to clothing retailers. Pretty much everything here is more expensive than the same thing in the US. Just look at cars. Also, these prices don't really fluctuate with foreign exchange rates. That's why I prefer to wait until I travel to buy stuff.
Originally Posted by holymadness
Holt's just announced their Boxing Day prices: up to 50% off selected items.
sarcasm.gif

Have you ever seen a store that didn't have "up to" written in fine print??? --- I was at Holt and Rosen on boxing day, I wasn't enthralled by anything except a Cucinelli jacket I couldn't afford. I wish I was closer to their outlet stores.

Spatlese

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by micbain
Saw quite a few brioni suits at 50% off at the vancouver location; however, 50% off a $5,000 suit is still too steep for me.

Ran into my boss downtown earlier and he had just exited Rosen, after having procured one of the said Brionis. And a Loro Piana coat. No problem for him in his tax bracket. I can't say the same.

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bill Smith
I scooped a nice navy pinstripe Coppley suit at a third off the last ticketed price at the Harry Rosen Outlet centre in Mississauga. I am happy with what I got.

+1 on the Mississauga outlet. They have quality goods for marked down prices, you just have to be persistent and search

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bapelolol
for holt renfrew the last set of markdowns is the "last call sale/now or never"?.. after this there are no more markdowns & items that are not sold are removed correct?

There is an additional 20% off for the last 3 days of the sale though last summer it was for 10 days. All items are then removed and shipped to a warehouse before ending up at the Last Call store in Vaughan Mills.

von Rothbart

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harry's Bloor St flagship is pretty decent, it even has stores within store for Kiton and Brioni, do they still have that? Does it put Kiton on sale?

bapelolol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
There is an additional 20% off for the last 3 days of the sale though last summer it was for 10 days. All items are then removed and shipped to a warehouse before ending up at the Last Call store in Vaughan Mills.
the extra 20% off, is that another writedown on the price tag or is it applied when you take the item to the checkout

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babara