• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm closing in on the end of my waiting period for my tax stamp for my 300BLK SBR. My birthday's coming up, so I ordered myself a SureFire 762-RC2 from Silencer Shop, since my LGS at home has one of their SID kiosks. Will be about a week and a half until I can get myself and my brother in there to get everything done, but I figured there's no better time to get the ball rolling. If this can was in stock with them before 41f when into effect, I probably would have ordered one then, but it was perpetually out of stock with Silencer Shop.

Ordered my iron sights (the same Troy tritium dioptic I have on my other AR) and the SureFire Warcomp for my build. Probably going to order a 7" BCM KMR rail here soon and wait until I get official notice of the tax stamp before I order the Noveske barrel (constructive intent seems to have a lot of stuff surrounding it, and don't want to get in a sticky situation that is easily avoidable). Hoping to get the engraving done when I'm home and hopefully the assembly at the same time, if the stamp/barrel and the warcomp come in in time. Plus I could hit the Kiosk at the same time and kill two birds with one stone

Last edited:

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures of my daughter, Mia, who just turned 13. She weighs 61lbs and is 5'0". As you can see the length of pull on the shotgun is to much but she handled herself like a champion.
The match was at Marine Corps Base, Quantico.

Here she is on a different stage with her pistol.

We are trying to compete in, 2 to 3 matches a month, minimum. The kid loves to shoot.

Last edited:

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have found what may be the perfect combination for long range shooting:

Desert Tech rife with 300 Win Mag barrel.

IOR Crusader scope

The scope goes all the way to 40x magnification, which almost feels like cheating. Glass is as good or better than any scope I've ever used or looked through. 40mm tube is super bright.

What's crazy is that the scope also focuses super close, so I can practice dry fire in my living room, aiming at "targets" in the dining room.

Really loving this combo

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I have a disturbing mental image of you sitting on the sofa in wife-beater, boxers, silk socks with suspenders, bespoke shoes and a golden Lange, pointing your suppressed sniper rifle at a bemused pet dog by the fire.

But then, who wouldn't?
lol8[1].gif

Btw @Mauro ; I'd suggest you obscure pictures of your kids online especially with their names attached. Even if she's well armed and can shoot, it's poor op-sec.
tinfoil.gif

Last edited:

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not in love after 100rds, but I got it dialed in pretty quick freehand.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Well Boys, I pulled the trigger ( literally and figuratively). I thought I was so happy with my M&P but this welcome edition is going to take me farther. Plus, I need the extra edge against, Mia.

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been doing more camping and since I carry everywhere, I thought I might as well carry something in black bear territory that was capable of stopping one (in addition to spray). They're not much of a threat compared to brown bears, but they do maul/kill people, and I'm already carrying so it seemed prudent. After giving it a lot of thought I settled on a gen 4 Glock 20. I considered going the Ruger/Smith route in .44, but the Glock offered too many benefits and the capability of a 200 grain, flat nose hard cast round from a 10mm is very impressive.

Pros:
-light compared to the competitors
-easier to shoot accurately than a .44 revolver, at least in my experience
-tame recoil compared to .44
-robust, resistant to elements
-magazine capacity
-accepts the weapon mounted light I already own (I think a light is as important on a camp gun as it is on a home defense gun)

Cons:
-not as classic as a Smith or Ruger revolver
-a .44 magnum is just really ******* cool
-ballistics not as impressive as a .44, but sort of moot for black bear

I pick it up today :)

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Well Boys, I pulled the trigger ( literally and figuratively). I thought I was so happy with my M&P but this welcome edition is going to take me farther. Plus, I need the extra edge against, Mia.

nice!! i picked up an STI recently as well. gotta say its pretty fantastic.

MGWS

Reaction score
I've been doing more camping and since I carry everywhere, I thought I might as well carry something in black bear territory that was capable of stopping one (in addition to spray). They're not much of a threat compared to brown bears, but they do maul/kill people, and I'm already carrying so it seemed prudent. After giving it a lot of thought I settled on a gen 4 Glock 20. I considered going the Ruger/Smith route in .44, but the Glock offered too many benefits and the capability of a 200 grain, flat nose hard cast round from a 10mm is very impressive.

Pros:
-light compared to the competitors
-easier to shoot accurately than a .44 revolver, at least in my experience
-tame recoil compared to .44
-robust, resistant to elements
-magazine capacity
-accepts the weapon mounted light I already own (I think a light is as important on a camp gun as it is on a home defense gun)

Cons:
-not as classic as a Smith or Ruger revolver
-a .44 magnum is just really ******* cool
-ballistics not as impressive as a .44, but sort of moot for black bear

I pick it up today
smile.gif
I agree with your assessment. Especially if you already shoot semi-auto pistols predominantly then the muscle memory and manual of arms is already there. When you have 2 full mags of 220g Hardcast https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=160 you are pretty much covered or at least have a fighting chance. The Glock 20 does take it's toll on you when practicing though but aftermarket support is great.

Last edited:

suited

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I agree with your assessment.  Especially if you already shoot semi-auto pistols predominantly then the muscle memory and manual of arms is already there.  When you have 2 full mags of 220g Hardcast https://www.buffalobore.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=160 you are pretty much covered or at least have a fighting chance.  The Glock 20 does take it's toll on you when practicing though but aftermarket support is great.

I went with Underwood ammo. Double Tap, Underwood and Buffalo Bore seem to have that market cornered. Here it is:

Based on my research, the 200 grain hard cast rounds seemed to function flawlessly of the glock factory barrel. The 220/230 grain hard cast rounds were tumbling when Hickok45 tried them:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

SirReveller

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the Bren Ten. Sonny Crockett, baby.

The 10mm Auto caliber was at first unique to this pistol, and produced initially by FFV Norma AB of Åmotfors, Sweden.

Last edited:

ama

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apart from it being ammo sensitive the Walther Q5 is pretty great. Don't love that it rattles so much, but apparently that's normal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads