• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gun Appreciation Thread

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I too really like EOTechs. I have a basic 512 on my first AR build, my brother has the HHS II also and really likes it, and he got me the 300 BLK XPS2 for the build that I currently have waiting in NFA limbo. By NFA Tracker's predictions, I should hear back by the end of this month with a tax stamp to proceed

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

I too really like EOTechs. I have a basic 512 on my first AR build, my brother has the HHS II also and really likes it, and he got me the 300 BLK XPS2 for the build that I currently have waiting in NFA limbo. By NFA Tracker's predictions, I should hear back by the end of this month with a tax stamp to proceed

nice! im still on the fence on whether or not i want to do 300 SBR. i have a full upper thats done and ready to go with a 10.5" barrel and a lower thats ready to go too....but im too cheap to pay the $200 so theyre collecting dust.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

nice! im still on the fence on whether or not i want to do 300 SBR. i have a full upper thats done and ready to go with a 10.5" barrel and a lower thats ready to go too....but im too cheap to pay the $200 so theyre collecting dust.

Hopefully, they will do away with the tax stamp. I understand why it's in place but it's also kind of outdated. I say cough up the $200.00 for the stamp and go to town.

On a side note big steel match tomorrow. Me and the kid are going. She will probably kick ******.

If anyone is in the DC area on the 21st and 22nd, there is a 3 gun match at Marine Corps base Quantico. Good guys and good fun!

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Hopefully, they will do away with the tax stamp. I understand why it's in place but it's also kind of outdated. I say cough up the $200.00 for the stamp and go to town.

On a side note big steel match tomorrow. Me and the kid are going. She will probably kick ******.

If anyone is in the DC area on the 21st and 22nd, there is a 3 gun match at Marine Corps base Quantico. Good guys and good fun!

I'm sure eventually ill stop being a cheap bastard and get it taken care of. after shooting an SBR Daniel compared to my full length daniel ar.... its really night and day....my v11 feels so cumbersome.

wish i were closer! those 3 gun matches look like so much fun

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A couple of new additions. Walther PPQ 9mm. Really like the ergonomics of this gun. Super easy to point and shoot. Suppressor friendly. It's the "navy edition" which means you can supposedly shoot it under water. (Not sure how the physics of this works with a semi-auto, and even less sure why I would ever need to do this, but I guess it's a good thing.)

The R8 revolver is my current favorite big pistol. The only revolver I currently own. Very accurate and lots of fun to shoot. 8 rounds of .357 magnum.

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Glad you like that Walther. I've always coveted a PPK. My dad had one and years ago when I had no money I bought a Hungarian PPK knock-off. Had it until recently when I traded it in on a Ruger LCP. Recently my dad became too infirmed to safely handle firearms so my mother asked me to take his guns, so I have his PPK now...and I hate it. LOL. Thing is a beating to shoot.

I'd like to shoot a Walther 9mm. My next purchase(s) are likely to be a suppressor and a 9mm host gun. Was looking at the CZ 75 SP-01 tactical, but might consider the Walther for that.

But I've spent so much on guns this year I need to take a break. Maybe next year. :)

brokencycle

Reaction score
A couple of new additions. Walther PPQ 9mm. Really like the ergonomics of this gun. Super easy to point and shoot. Suppressor friendly. It's the "navy edition" which means you can supposedly shoot it under water. (Not sure how the physics of this works with a semi-auto, and even less sure why I would ever need to do this, but I guess it's a good thing.)

The R8 revolver is my current favorite big pistol. The only revolver I currently own. Very accurate and lots of fun to shoot. 8 rounds of .357 magnum.

They did it in mythbusters. Guns will shoot, and if shot from underwater, a 9mm can be lethal for a few feet in water (not lethal shooting from air into water or vice versa): it almost certainly reload though.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
And, my new favorite concealed carry gun.

Sig P938 (Scorpion Model) with factory threaded barrel.

Very small and light, but still usable.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
concealed carry

That deep tuck thing looks extremely efficient at the "concealed"part. But two questions from the curious: where do you carry it exactly (I mean where on your waist, not "to the supermarket"), and is that solid, knobbly lump of Kydex comfortable?

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

That deep tuck thing looks extremely efficient at the "concealed"part.  But two questions from the curious: where do you carry it exactly (I mean where on your waist, not "to the supermarket"), and is that solid, knobbly lump of Kydex comfortable?

not kai, but i carry every day, everywhere i go. right now theres a 357 j frame in my briefcase, a 38 in my car, and a NAA 22 mag pug in my sportcoat pocket. :) when i go out tonight for dinner, ill probably have either a 1911 in an IWB holster, or maybe a wheel gun on a shoulder rig under a coat.

also, surprisingly, those holsters are very comfortable. sleek and thin. keeping the belt clips off the holster spread the weight and keep the thickness to a minimum.

Last edited:

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
also, this just came in.... Korth for Nighthawk .357..... gotta say i love this thing :slayer:

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
Sweet mercy...that is beautiful. Though, practicalities aside, it surely deserves prettier grips. But really, if you were going to cheat on your 586...she would make an outstanding mid-life crisis.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score

Sweet mercy...that is beautiful.  Though, practicalities aside, it surely deserves prettier grips.  But really, if you were going to cheat on your 586...she would make an outstanding mid-life crisis.

isnt that terrible?? $4k gun with $20 grips. like putting a patek on a NATO strap haha.

Kai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That deep tuck thing looks extremely efficient at the "concealed"part.  But two questions from the curious: where do you carry it exactly (I mean where on your waist, not "to the supermarket"), and is that solid, knobbly lump of Kydex comfortable?

It is extremely comfortable. I wear it on my waist, just behind the centerline, in the small of my back.

The holster is made by these guys: Highly recommended. I own 8 of their holsters in various types.

http://www.concealmentsolutions.com/

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads