• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ottowa's tonight.

20180911_185559.jpg

Whirling

Reaction score
Wow, these are impressively nice boots. Badalassi Castagno veg tan is very sweet. Level of finish is super high. Plus, they fit great. Last is both supportive and attractive. Superb value. I can't wait to see how they break in, though they feel comfortable out of the box. Grade:A+ Thank you, everybody, for your help.

EDD4D772-85A3-485E-9806-2A73626F420F.jpeg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm packing for what will be a nearly three week trip, and for 'real' shoes it's going to be an all-Grant Stone affair. Will be wearing my GATs for travel and for weekends in shorts, but the tan cap toes and the pebbled Ottawas are getting the call for the bulk of NYC and Tokyo.

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I'm packing for what will be a nearly three week trip, and for 'real' shoes it's going to be an all-Grant Stone affair. Will be wearing my GATs for travel and for weekends in shorts, but the tan cap toes and the pebbled Ottawas are getting the call for the bulk of NYC and Tokyo.

Grant Stone GATs? I'm more than interested.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Grant Stone GATs? I'm more than interested.
Sorry - was taking a break from packing and didn't communicate well. The GATs are from Epaulet, but will only get worn on travel days and when I'm in shorts next weekend. The rest of the time I'll be wearing these guys:
pMTOzRN.jpg

kammerer66

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry - was taking a break from packing and didn't communicate well. The GATs are from Epaulet, but will only get worn on travel days and when I'm in shorts next weekend. The rest of the time I'll be wearing these guys:
pMTOzRN.jpg

These look beautiful! No GATs is a disappointment though. Epaulet only has white ones.

Whirling

Reaction score
Hmm, now I'm wondering if I should get a pair of Diesels in Black CXL or Ottawas in Natural CXL...The Natural CXL looks cool, but is harder to incorporate into my understated wardrobe. How does GS do with CXL clicking and the dreaded loose-grain?

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmm, now I'm wondering if I should get a pair of Diesels in Black CXL or Ottawas in Natural CXL...The Natural CXL looks cool, but is harder to incorporate into my understated wardrobe. How does GS do with CXL clicking and the dreaded loose-grain?
Very well.
My Ottawas have easily 200 and more likely well over 300 miles on them, and this was from last week:
ak2aVSS.jpg

My Dune longwings are doing pretty darn well too: (this was 2-3 weeks ago)
ElyT9w9.jpg

Josh Lange

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads