• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So my neighbor, who knows I like shoes, came by this morning to show me his new "expensive" shoes. He bought a pair of Samuel Hubbard(?) at a local footwear store. He says they are the most comfortable, best shoes he owns. They looked like tennis shoes made from leather to me. He didn't tell me what he paid, and I didn't ask, but I did show him the GS Ottawa's I was wearing and he said he needed "work boots" so would check out the website. Something tells me he will not be happy with the retail price, and will come over tomorrow and tell me I'm insane, maybe I should have shown him Color 8 Aldens :)

Misterg12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Chihuahua's. They always seem to have a personality MUCH larger than their physical size. Not a Golden Retriever, but eat and poop a lot less.

I love him and he does have a big dog personality for sure. He is a rescue and we both are thankful since the day I brought him home.

So my neighbor, who knows I like shoes, came by this morning to show me his new "expensive" shoes. He bought a pair of Samuel Hubbard(?) at a local footwear store. He says they are the most comfortable, best shoes he owns. They looked like tennis shoes made from leather to me. He didn't tell me what he paid, and I didn't ask, but I did show him the GS Ottawa's I was wearing and he said he needed "work boots" so would check out the website. Something tells me he will not be happy with the retail price, and will come over tomorrow and tell me I'm insane, maybe I should have shown him Color 8 Aldens :)

Wasn’t long ago I thought $75 was a ton of money for a pair of shoes.

schweezly

Reaction score

I think they’re $200-$250 range. There’s a shop in Chicago that carries Alden and SH. They’re getting rid of Alden and tried to sell me on SH. I didn’t bite

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they’re $200-$250 range. There’s a shop in Chicago that carries Alden and SH. They’re getting rid of Alden and tried to sell me on SH. I didn’t bite
Getting rid of Alden???? WTF is up with that? I guess they could have been $200 shoes, but they honestly looked like athletic shoes made with black leather to me. Plus the toe box was sort of Birkenstock looking, just basically an ugly shoe to my eye. However, if he found them comfortable and affordable, who am I to say he shouldn't wear them.

Josh Lange

Reaction score
As I have become accustomed to seeing - you and a couple of others, have just the best collection of footwear on SF. I really enjoy your posts. Keep up the good work.

Thank you my friend.

You guys are both eligible to have the best footwear collection of SF! Have a great end of your weekend gentlemen. Thanks for all your support.

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys are both eligible to have the best footwear collection of SF! Have a great end of your weekend gentlemen. Thanks for all your support.
Thanks Josh!
And the fitting end to the weekend, yard work done, relaxing in a great pair of shoes with wine and cigar while dog barks at some imaginary intruder into the yard.
IMG_2979.jpg

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Josh!
And the fitting end to the weekend, yard work done, relaxing in a great pair of shoes with wine and cigar while dog barks at some imaginary intruder into the yard. View attachment 1025699

Audog-esk photo yesterday with the crimson longwings.

a-1.jpeg

audog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
So tempted to buy another pair of dune Ottawas on rubber soles simply to see if I can hit the CXL lottery like you!
DO IT! If you open the box and don't like them, you can send them back without trying them on. Or call Josh/Wyatt and tell them what color of CXL you want and maybe they can "cherry pick" for you.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's some lifestyle photography :)

Those have a nice glow to them - did you shine them up with something?

I saw your reddit post about the shifter mark - I guess there's not something to put on the shifter?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bsgtfo1984