• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Reaction score
Got it guys. Thanks. I think I will indeed buy the Traveller loafers. Sizing wise, I'm 8.5E in AE Park Avenues, 8.5 in Parkhurst Allen, 9.5US in Nike sneakers, 8.5UK in Trickers 4497. Should I get a 8.5D, 8.5E or 9D for these loafers? The color I want is only available in 8.5D unfort!
The GS team are petty helpful in quickly answering these specific sizing questions. Two more things - they will ask about your Brannock sizing so if you haven't sized yourself you could do that, and they will also ask you how you intend to wear these (mostly with socks, mostly without socks, etc.). What color are you looking at?

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The GS team are petty helpful in quickly answering these specific sizing questions. Two more things - they will ask about your Brannock sizing so if you haven't sized yourself you could do that, and they will also ask you how you intend to wear these (mostly with socks, mostly without socks, etc.). What color are you looking at?
I dont know my Brannock (its not a thing in my country). Probably with thin socks. I'm looking at the Crimson CXL, but also considering the color 8.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hard to say as typically someone who wears 8.5 on the Parkhurst 602/602M last would wear 8UK on the Tricker's 4497 last. Depending on your width my best guess is 8.5D or 8.5E, but it is best to talk to Grant Stone cs.

wolfdale

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hard to say as typically someone who wears 8.5 on the Parkhurst 602/602M last would wear 8UK on the Tricker's 4497 last. Depending on your width my best guess is 8.5D or 8.5E, but it is best to talk to Grant Stone cs.
My 4497 are actually 8UK but they are definitely a bit too snug, I cant wear thick socks with them which I think defeats the purpose. My next pair will be 8.5

707Matt

Reaction score
Hi y'all
I just got the black CXL diesel boot, but one piece of leather is noticeably more wrinkled than the corresponding piece on the other boot. Is this something I should be concerned about/worth returning over? (both boots included for comparison)

View attachment 2085147
I have to agree with @Radboots. That looks rough. I am well aware tue boot will get creasing, wrinkles, etc., but it should not already look like that when you pay full price. At least let full price paying customers start on a level field. This is a B grade. While some may want that, most do not. I would reach out to @GrantStone and see what can be done. They are actually really really nice people.

woodenbits

Reaction score
I wear the same size 12D in both Grant Stone Leo last and Trickers 4497 (Stows). Trickers fit me like a glove - wide in the toebox, narrow in the heel, a tiniest bit of breathing room everywhere without being sloppy in the slightest, it is like magic. GS Ottawa are about same length, slightly narrower in the toebox, and maybe slightly wider in the heel and midfoot - not quite perfect fit for me with a bit more pinky squeeze and heel slip, but workable. Trickers 4497 is actually more similar in fit to GS Alexander last, except Alexander last has tighter instep.

Note - I initially attempted to go down in size with Trickers 0.5 size from GS (and 1 down from Brannock) according to current Tricker's recommendation - and those were woefully too short. Strangely enough, Tricker's official recommendation a decade ago was to go 0.5 down from Brannock - meaning same size as GS or RW - and that recommendation is spot on for me.

TLDR: 8.5D should be about right for you (YMMV yada yada of course).

delmar

Reaction score
What did you use for that?
Allen Edmonds brand walnut shoe polish. Apply with a Q Tip, disposable toothbrush, shop towel to rub off excess.
Here's what I used to paint the white stitching in my saddle tan Diesels. A brown fabric marking paint pen I picked up at Walmart. It's a light brown--almost orange--matched the welt perfectly.

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 184

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Brass Boot sizing saga continues. 8.5D ( same size as Leo and Alexander) was too big all around. Just recieved a pair in 8D, really snug around my pinkie toes. Exchanging them for a pair in 8E (please be the right size!).

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@wolfdale Given your data points I would personally start with 8.5D in the Alexander last. I think they essentially run a little bigger than the AE 65 and smaller than Tricker's 4497s. About the same as Parkhurst 602 too.

A super high or super low instep may give you issues, but it also would in just about any loafer.

@vincent Not sure, but it's still staring me in the face.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@wolfdale Given your data points I would personally start with 8.5D in the Alexander last. I think they essentially run a little bigger than the AE 65 and smaller than Tricker's 4497s. About the same as Parkhurst 602 too.

A super high or super low instep may give you issues, but it also would in just about any loafer.

@vincent Not sure, but it's still staring me in the face.
Haha I might do Saddle Tan Diesels after dinner. What are you looking at? We should do it. Folie a deux.

woodenbits

Reaction score
My Brass Boot sizing saga continues. 8.5D ( same size as Leo and Alexander) was too big all around. Just recieved a pair in 8D, really snug around my pinkie toes. Exchanging them for a pair in 8E (please be the right size!).
That is actually similar to my current setup: 12D in Leo/Alexander and 11.5E in Floyd last. I tried also 11.5E Leo but it was a bit too wide in midfoot and a bit too short, not a good combination as foot tends to slide forward a little if boot is too wide in midfoot/instep, and there is no room for that movement, especially for pinky. No such issue in 11.5E Floyd. Not sure how 12D Floyd would fit as I never tried it.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha I might do Saddle Tan Diesels after dinner. What are you looking at? We should do it. Folie a deux.

I have/have had a number of pairs in my cart ranging from B-grade tan cap toe boots to the newest Garrison, Storm Kudu Diesels, and Navy CXL Brass Boots.

I'm still holding strong here though - trying to downsize, not add to the pile. If you purchase your dessert of saddle tan perhaps then I can partake vicariously.

Vincent George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have/have had a number of pairs in my cart ranging from B-grade tan cap toe boots to the newest Garrison, Storm Kudu Diesels, and Navy CXL Brass Boots.

I'm still holding strong here though - trying to downsize, not add to the pile. If you purchase your dessert of saddle tan perhaps then I can partake vicariously.
I’m being good. But, dammit, if that 20% off isn’t a siren’s song.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karenroger