• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No these are the Earth ones as @Radboots mentioned. These are the ones I thought fit so snug and perfect, but they are small in width. It is completely my fault in searching for that "glass slipper" fit. The Earth are 7E. Saddle tan 7EEE (need thicker socks), and the black CXL are 7.5E (my "glass slipper" fit). I wear 9E in Redwings.
1.5 size difference is suspect. I'm glad you've found a good fit in GS though. The Field Boots are hard for me being narrow with low instep. The Brass Boot fits me a bit better for some reason.

Agreed. I'm not a fan of the saddle tan shade but it's same Minerva leather from Badalassi in natural and castagno (a dark brown they had a few years back). Really tough and looks great. They have a lot of interesting colours and it'd be cool if they used the grey or navy on a few models. https://www.rmleathersupply.com/pro...rva-smooth-vacchetta-veg-tanned-leather-hides
Something in gray or turquoise/blue would be insane. Would likely compete with existing products in their lineup though.

Just got em back! I rode to the beach to snap a few pics, then right onto my feet. I would like to see what laces you guys have chosen for your Saddle Tan anythings. View attachment 2035847
Looks great. Vibram Christy is excellent. These Truman laces work well with the Brass Boot. Here's a more typical round work lace that I think looks nice also.

20230924_151001.jpg
20230924_151542.jpg
20230924_151240.jpg
20230924_151439.jpg

GS tankers (Ottawa boots) are growing on me and starting to break in nicely. The patina with the natural Minerva is pretty sweet. Getting darker too… View attachment 2036449
View attachment 2036451
Well worn, sir! A tempting makeup.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black CXL Diesel boots today. Love this pair. This one has notably softer toe puffs compared to my other pairs which I like. Looking forward to seeing how they might somewhat collapse over the coming years.

That said these are no longer my favorites as I like the black waxy commander Edward boots more. I like the Edward pattern more in general, but the leather options aren’t as to my liking. The rather plain heel and smaller eyelets are preferable to me.

IMG_5150.jpeg
IMG_5152.jpeg

Limboroom

Reaction score
Just got these bad boys today. Look and feel awesome. They’ll see action at least every weekend when I coach youth football the rest of the year.

I’m not saying I inspired @GrantStone to make a run of these guys with their leftover material. But, quite the coincidence that I contacted Wyatt out of the blue about them, and in less than 4 months, we got a mini restock. Thanks again buddy!

Get ‘em while they’re hot!

455C3A99-F388-4A9B-9436-BE5F8DEF4811.jpeg

hses212

Reaction score
Something in gray or turquoise/blue would be insane. Would likely compete with existing products in their lineup though.
I may be the one weirdo out there who wants a full-grain dark grey boot, but I doubt it. I love the look of the grey kudu and the light blue roughout. And I have the navy CXL bluchers. But I'm kinda set on light shoes/boots and all browned out.

But these pop up every now and then: http://aldenofsandiego.com/alden-cascade-reverse-earth-chamois-indy-boots/
or smooth dark gray isn't really out there. I crumbled and got the storm suede diesels. Which I love. But one shade darker and full grain (either way) would be perfect. You literally can wear it with anything.

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
C8 Brass Boots + Plum Paracord Laces from Guarded Goods.
20230929_170731.jpg
20230929_170903.jpg
20230929_170836.jpg
20230929_170752.jpg

Limboroom

Reaction score
Just got these bad boys today. Look and feel awesome. They’ll see action at least every weekend when I coach youth football the rest of the year.

I’m not saying I inspired @GrantStone to make a run of these guys with their leftover material. But, quite the coincidence that I contacted Wyatt out of the blue about them, and in less than 4 months, we got a mini restock. Thanks again buddy!

Get ‘em while they’re hot!

View attachment 2036663
I really like the leather laces. But, I think the flats look just a little better. Bonus is that they help fit a little better too.

F8E59DD1-FDA9-4081-9D96-5F08E1149404.jpeg

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@hses212 that’s a nice color on those Alden’s. Seems like the GS earth comes through as a charcoal-ish gray to me.

Earth is definitely a dark brown (bordering on black). The dark finish becomes muted with wear but by then you've got light brown peeking out beneath it.

There was a gray (anthracite) waxed commander Brass Boot in the last sample run. I would guess it won't hit regular production based on how long it took to sell, but I happen to really like it and would be interested to see more in this leather.

1F7A5101-Edit_1080x.jpg

shahtirthak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Black CXL Ottawas for a monochromatic look!
20231005_104936.jpg
20231005_105001.jpg
20231005_105029.jpg
20231005_105039.jpg
20231005_105146.jpg

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.