• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Turbo Lax

Reaction score
Is anyone aware of any other GS discount codes available? I know the Labor Day sale is active but looking at a non sale pair and trying not to pay full price since i've already purchased 3 pairs in the last 6 months.

manowar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is anyone aware of any other GS discount codes available? I know the Labor Day sale is active but looking at a non sale pair and trying not to pay full price since i've already purchased 3 pairs in the last 6 months.

There used to be some first-time buyer welcome codes but I haven't seen that advertised recently. But you can get $20 off each regularly-priced pair if you are a member of Stitchdown community, a $5 monthly subscription.

basu13

Reaction score
Crimson diesels.

IMG_20230906_093903.jpg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn brother - those look:
A) Amazing (that's my profanity-friendly reaction) and
B) very crimson - almost what I'd expect from #8 CXL. Is that the camera or are do they present like that in person?

basu13

Reaction score
Damn brother - those look:
A) Amazing (that's my profanity-friendly reaction) and
B) very crimson - almost what I'd expect from #8 CXL. Is that the camera or are do they present like that in person?
Thank you Sir. They present a little less crimson in person, so I would think it's the camera and the late evening sun bringing out the reddish tones more. They present more dark brown indoors. Be that as it may, they certainly pop especially with the natural welt - and shine up really well, to boot.

707Matt

Reaction score
Took laces out to brush the boots and get a look at em. Any thoughts on the leather seperated from the eyelet? It's the same left boot with they few issues I shall not mention.😉 Just a little under 2.5 months on these. Not everyday, but most days.
173 views = 0 thoughts. Must be normal. 🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230906_065717_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230906_065717_Samsung Internet.jpg
    204.2 KB · Views: 107

Limboroom

Reaction score
Thank you Sir. They present a little less crimson in person, so I would think it's the camera and the late evening sun bringing out the reddish tones more. They present more dark brown indoors. Be that as it may, they certainly pop especially with the natural welt - and shine up really well, to boot.
I agree, these look really great.

Basu - just curious, what is your shining regimen?

basu13

Reaction score
I agree, these look really great.

Basu - just curious, what is your shining regimen?

Brush hard, that's it - before and after wear. No product used yet because these boots are hardly a few wears old. I tend to stick to the less is more philosophy for any products, especially on leathers like CXL and the like.

Limboroom

Reaction score
173 views = 0 thoughts. Must be normal. 🤷‍♂️
Matt - my completely uniformed opinion…

I‘ve lurked here forever. And like a lunatic, went ALL the way back and, for a few months, read EVERY post and saw EVERY pic on this thread. And those boots are completely bad-ass.

IMO, not to insult anyone because I am in the same boat, but I think most here are desk jockeys. Just by your pictures, you seem to wear your boots harder that almost everyone here. Maybe it’s the riding. Maybe you just drag them from you bike on their off days, lol. Unless and until they are really failing, and falling off your foot, I would not worry too much about what is happening on the inside by the tongue or eyelets. Just keep beating them. It’s a fascinating use case to see how far they can go. If I were @GrantStone , I’m getting some free stress testing. Us posters/lurkers get some awesome pix and get to watch the story unfold. And you are the big winner - you are living an interesting life…and your boots reflect that. And my comfy, soft and still perfect suede loafers reflect mine, lol.

707Matt

Reaction score
Matt - my completely uniformed opinion…

I‘ve lurked here forever. And like a lunatic, went ALL the way back and, for a few months, read EVERY post and saw EVERY pic on this thread. And those boots are completely bad-ass.

IMO, not to insult anyone because I am in the same boat, but I think most here are desk jockeys. Just by your pictures, you seem to wear your boots harder that almost everyone here. Maybe it’s the riding. Maybe you just drag them from you bike on their off days, lol. Unless and until they are really failing, and falling off your foot, I would not worry too much about what is happening on the inside by the tongue or eyelets. Just keep beating them. It’s a fascinating use case to see how far they can go. If I were @GrantStone , I’m getting some free stress testing. Us posters/lurkers get some awesome pix and get to watch the story unfold. And you are the big winner - you are living an interesting life…and your boots reflect that. And my comfy, soft and still perfect suede loafers reflect mine, lol.
Thank you very much for that. I just put them on my feet and they go on adventures with me. Not the best pic, but we went to Manhattan Beach for a bit this last weekend.

Attachments

• 20230903_155602.jpg
    20230903_155602.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 94

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads