• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NYCTechNerd

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I wear mine when I feel like it, season doesn't matter

Of course, but whereas a "dirty" buck can technically be worn all year, it would be unseemly to wear a white buck any other time than in-season. Wouldn't you agree, kind sir?

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ready for Christmas.

I think the burgundy laces will work well with these, but I have to do the red at work on Christmas Eve.

21DC5174-0A5C-45EE-873E-29054C796D10.jpeg

RogerKaputnik

Reaction score
Of course, but whereas a "dirty" buck can technically be worn all year, it would be unseemly to wear a white buck any other time than in-season. Wouldn't you agree, kind sir?

This is a thing where my sister lives in Brooklyn NY, and it would be strange wearing white shoes right now. But here in CA, nobody pays attention to such things. Just happy we get a few months cool enough to wear leather shoes!

Last edited:

Canwin12

Reaction score
I just received Dune Diesel boots. They are high quality and live up to what I have read. I am wearing them around the house to break them in. I was outside for two minutes and water drops got on the boots and have left a stain that isn't easily removed. The leather stains so easily. I am surprised that wasn't mentioned on this comprehensive forum. Any thoughts on the removal of the stains? Any ideas on how too condition them to avoid staining? Or does the staining fade and add to the character of the boots? Otherwise love these boots!

Turns31

Reaction score
I just received Dune Diesel boots. They are high quality and live up to what I have read. I am wearing them around the house to break them in. I was outside for two minutes and water drops got on the boots and have left a stain that isn't easily removed. The leather stains so easily. I am surprised that wasn't mentioned on this comprehensive forum. Any thoughts on the removal of the stains? Any ideas on how too condition them to avoid staining? Or does the staining fade and add to the character of the boots? Otherwise love these boots!
Let it dry a few hours and brush. Don't condition them with anything for a good 3-6 months. When you do use venetian shoe cream or bick 4.

XxLogo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Meh, they are boots. They are meant to get wet and scuffed. Especially after buying natural Chromexcel, it will show water and stains easier, adding to the long term patina. Don’t worry, just wear the boots and enjoy them. As the water evaporates it should fade a little. I would be more concerned if they were dress boots with stains, not a casual leather like this.
Condition a couple times a year with Saphir Greasy Leather Cream or similar. Make sure to condition any shoe after buying them, as you never know how long that leather has been sitting between the factory to warehouse shelves

Canwin12

Reaction score
I realize it is not that series. I was surprised how easily they stained with almost no exposure to water. I have venetian leather balm.

Attachments

• IMG_2097.jpg
    IMG_2097.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 82
  • IMG_2098.jpg
    IMG_2098.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 81

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 102 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads