• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too much green? It’s supposed to be raining later in the day. Nice day for boots.

F98C0D6B-63A5-466B-8BC3-89E8C9B6AD50.jpeg

aj2603

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thrift Couture

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BrandonF

Reaction score
Waiting for UPS is never fun. Got a pair of Dune Travelers out for delivery. It will be my first pair of loafers, so we'll see how it goes.

Turns31

Reaction score
Waiting for UPS is never fun. Got a pair of Dune Travelers out for delivery. It will be my first pair of loafers, so we'll see how it goes.
For some reason, UPS delivers to my house at like 8:30 pm. They show up at my office at 10:30 am so have almost everything delivered there nowadays.

BrandonF

Reaction score
For some reason, UPS delivers to my house at like 8:30 pm. They show up at my office at 10:30 am so have almost everything delivered there nowadays.

I used to do the same thing, but now work from home. And UPS here has a random schedule, I swear.

BrandonF

Reaction score
For those with Travelers, how much heel slip is normal? They fit very snug, especially across the instep. But if I lean my foot forward, my heal slips up. With derbies, I could just tighten the laces, not sure if this will improve with wear or if it's not the right size for me.

Erikdayo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Traveler leather soles are pretty stiff. The heel slip should improve when they break in, but depending on how bad it is possible that you could use 1/2 a size smaller or that the style/last doesn't work for you. Different socks, tongue pads, heel pads, etc can all potentially help too.

BrandonF

Reaction score
The Traveler leather soles are pretty stiff. The heel slip should improve when they break in, but depending on how bad it is possible that you could use 1/2 a size smaller or that the style/last doesn't work for you. Different socks, tongue pads, heel pads, etc can all potentially help too.

I haven't noticed too much when walking, as I've been just on a rug and not bending them to make sure they fit. But if I'm sitting and arch my heel up, I can slip my heel up pretty easy.

GrantStone

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Love these shoes. Might not be as cool as that new shell preorder.

View attachment 1448746

Yes! Some Fairfield love. I'm glad you like them.
I haven't noticed too much when walking, as I've been just on a rug and not bending them to make sure they fit. But if I'm sitting and arch my heel up, I can slip my heel up pretty easy.

They do have a relaxed fit. One feedback we frequently receive is how customers are shocked how much the loafer changes (for the good) as they wear them and break-in. I wouldn't give a specific break-in timeline but after a few weeks, they feel like your loafers. After a few months, they become softer, more forgiving and almost more of a slipper feel.

Heel slip will be inevitable with this pattern. Some of my traveler pairs are worse than others when brand new but have never found it to be a nuisance long term. It can take a little time to get used to a slip-on if you rarely wear them.

One thing to consider is the entry plays a large role in this. If a loafer pattern has a very long vamp that is snug against your instep the entire way, taking the shoe on and off becomes a chore. Once it is on, your foot is locked in, but it's just as difficult to get off again. We try to find that balance but with this particular pattern, we wanted an easier entry for a more relaxed fit.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads