• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Google+..bye bye Facebook!

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Too bad, I really liked the concept of friend circles.

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Too bad, I really liked the concept of friend circles.

There was a lot of hype that FB was going to copy this feature, but it never really materialized. I mean they did make it slightly easier to create groups, but it's not even close to the same level of ease of use and functionality.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, I think friend circles is shiny as hell

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I still think it's too early to write it off. Google's "Project Glass" is a pretty cool example of how there is still lots of room to innovate and improve social networking. If the project is able to develop products that people actually want to use, switching over go G+ becomes worth the hassle.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Link

Last edited:

Kookz

Reaction score
430486_10150633052501731_640066730_9544704_1509850958_n.jpg

Jr Mouse

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

March was a good month for G+
goog-plus-crt-580x175.jpg

Isn't that around the time that Google started merging G+ with it's over services? In search, Gmail and so on? Not surprising that visits started to peak then, but I doubt many people stuck around after the curiosity wore off.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Isn't that around the time that Google started merging G+ with it's over services? In search, Gmail and so on? Not surprising that visits started to peak then, but I doubt many people stuck around after the curiosity wore off.

Yeah this is a good point. More importantly though, it's your turn on words. :laugh:

Last edited:

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just logged back into G+ for the first time after signing up.

A pity.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I actually believe in Google, not in this concept but they will come up with something very good that will make Facebook look like ****. I hate Facebook...

Last edited:

CalTex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just logged back into G+ for the first time after signing up.

A pity.

give it time, when enough people switch over more will be going on. I wish facebook was for university students only (alums or current).

I actually believe in Google, not in this concept but they will come up with something very good that will make Facebook look like ****. I hate Facebook...

+1, facebook is getting old

google plus almost screwed me over this weekend, I apparently had the automatic picture share feature turned on and I was not aware of this. I come back and login to find a buch of pictures uploaded on google plus, luckily nothing was published.

Hampton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
give it time, when enough people switch over more will be going on. I wish facebook was for university students only (alums or current).
+1, facebook is getting old
google plus almost screwed me over this weekend, I apparently had the automatic picture share feature turned on and I was not aware of this. I come back and login to find a buch of pictures uploaded on google plus, luckily nothing was published.
Oh, well I don't have a google + account yet. Just checked it out fast and didn't like it. But the idea behind it is very good. I liked the old and first facebook.

P. Bateman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish the mobile app allowed you to tag friends in posts. Without this mobile Google+ is pretty useless for content generation. On a related note, I really don't understand the mobile app at all :(

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads