• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going to Tokyo/Osaka for NYE

w.o.e.is.me.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by luftvier
Oh, and cartons of Seven Star cigarettes?
laugh.gif
$20 a carton at the duty-free shop on your way home.

haha. if i have room, i'll try to snag you a box.
i'm excited!
bounce2.gif

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbc
In Japan now.

I suggest checking out Roppongi Hills. Was there yesterday they have the usual United Arrows plus some other interesting *** designers.

Also, Burberry Black Label in Ginza maybe?

There's a great art museum in Roppongi Hills, right by Tokyo Tower. You should check both out.

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
haha. if i have room, i'll try to snag you a box.
i'm excited!
bounce2.gif

You should be. It's the best town you'll ever be in.

maomao1980

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
hopping on the plane tomorrow.
feel free to send any last minute advice.
cheers.

Everything closes early on the 31st, almost nothing is open on the 1st. Sales starts on the 2nd. Barney's sale has already started, however.

hip_priest

Reaction score
The Isetan men's dept store in Shinjuku is also worth checking out.

Lovely weather in Tokyo at the moment!

djrajio

Reaction score
Originally Posted by maomao1980
Everything closes early on the 31st, almost nothing is open on the 1st. Sales starts on the 2nd. Barney's sale has already started, however.
Personally the best deals at Barney's are during the private sales every quarter.

If you decide to brave the sales on the 2nd be sure to get to the stores early.

By lunch all the good stuff in popular sizes is usually all sold out.

Always a hyper-consumer fashion-victim concept.

suited&booted

Reaction score
I was in the Tok in late November. Check out Gotemba Premium Outlet (http://www.premiumoutlets.co.jp/en/g...nds/index.php). From Brioni, Loro Piana to United Arrows, Beams to RLPL, Brooks Bros, etc. Check out the link and directions to get there.

They have everything you will need and at great prices. They have outlets in the US and UK too so you may be familiar with the set up. Most stuff may be a season or two old but with quality traditional menswear it makes no difference. 90% of the customers there were local with huge shopping bags foraging around. This is a good sign bearing in mind that they are an aggresive consumer society who would know a thing or two about good deals. Plus there are big sizes as with most factory outlets in Asia. It's the small to medium sizes which can be challenge over here in Asia.

Crap part is it is 1.5 hours outside Tokyo but they do have dedicated buses from Shinjuku in central Tokyo. You can also get there by train but I took the bus.

Happy hunting.

djrajio

Reaction score
BTW pre-sale at Beams started this afternoon til 20:30.

30-70% off everything in the stores.

dbc

Reaction score
I was at Beams Midtown this aft but they mentioned the sale only starts on the 2nd?

Either that or I couldn't really get the sales person's English.

djrajio

Reaction score
The pre-sale was only for the Beams stores in Harajuku.

I highly doubt they would have allowed Beams to do a pre-sale at Midtown since it would be a conflict of interest w/ the other retail tenants in the complex.

dbc

Reaction score
Ah yes, ok cheers for clarifying that up.

Last full day in Tokyo tomorrow. Looking up at picking up a Porter bag off the Kurachika Yoshida store at Ometasando. Anyone have any idea as to pricing?

Also if anyone's been to the A to Z Cafe near Ometasando I hear so much about and Ginza Cafe Paulista, please do share.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads