• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Numbernine

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HBO time than it takes
[/quote]it is difficult to tell from this pic but what I think you have is this ; when a buttonhole is sewn there is not a hole yet. It is cut out after the sewing is complete . I belive th,at those are just threads that can snipped with a pair of scissors . If not it is easily repairable anyone with a machine capable of making buttonholes( that's about 99.9% of machines) can fix it in minutes

rydude87

Reaction score
How good is the warehouse sale. Are there any better sales usually or can I find these shirts cheaper at other stores?

tjonesd2

Reaction score

How good is the warehouse sale.  Are there any better sales usually or can I find these shirts cheaper at other stores?
a few that have a slightly cheaper price tag at final sale, but none anywhere close to this that take returns. That said IMO this was a pretty lame warehouse sale

kentpope

Reaction score
That exact same issue has occurred with my olive overdye oxford from minimal wear. Think I'll try emailing them too, suppose it's worth a try. It really shouldn't be happening at that pricepoint.

Interestingly, the shirt I had a problem with was the olive overdye as well.

rusticchasm

Reaction score
HBO time than it takes
it is difficult to tell from this pic but what I think you have is this ; when a buttonhole is sewn there is not a hole yet. It is cut out after the sewing is complete . I belive th,at those are just threads that can snipped with a pair of scissors . If not it is easily repairable anyone with a machine capable of making buttonholes( that's about 99.9% of machines) can fix it in minutes[/QUOTE]

no, poor picture. the hole itself is fine, its the fabric above the hole that completely shred apart
gbv and i are figuring it out

JRS1979

Reaction score
^Excellent customer service from these guys. They are sending me a new replacement olive overdye, even though my purchase was from Mr Porter. Glad I emailed now - they are good guys.

akjc

Reaction score
Picked up a blue Oxford around Christmas time during a sale in a large. The fit is perfect in the shoulder and chest, but it's too loose in the waist and way too long at 5'10.

Does anyone have experience with bringing these shirts to the tailor? I realized that they're sewn with French seems and would be more difficult to tailor.

If it's too much work I'm probably just going to sell it. If anyone wants it, PM me to discuss. However, priority is to keep it.

jas0nt

Reaction score
What's the colour fastness like for the overdyed dark shitrts (eg navy)? Does it fade easily?

sleepsatfouram

Reaction score
ok now I'm really confused I finally pickd up a couple GVshirts xl both calls chest to be 24 " .fit great. now I go to the warehouse sale site all xl show chest to be 25.5" ????? Any one know what going on

I wear a GVB in small and have always worn a small for GVB. Some fit a little tighter and some fit just nice, there will be a slight difference in size consistencies but nothing major that I have encountered so far.

Hope it helps.

Quote:

I doubt it is difficult for a tailor to shorten the shirt. I altered my other shirt's hem and when it is done, they look the same.

Anyone have the patchwork button down and can comment on the fit and look in person? Thx

Like it was mentioned, the patchwork is printed. I own one and the fabric is soft, light and really comfy. Lets air in easily and perfect for summer !
As for the fit, it fits like how a GV would fit.

I personally like how the shirt looks and I think it looks really nice too when worn.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads