• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Question: how rare is the micro floral from 2012? I remember seeing this and thinking it was the most beautiful shirt I had ever seen. Still do... So does anyone have an idea of it's rarity? Seems like you can't find them anywhere.

I had the same thought when it came out. Very Paul Smith. I managed to snag a white version they made for Unionmade before it sold out. It's one of my favorite shirts.

If you're patient you'll find one. I remember seeing them appear on ebay every so often.

rosslovethreads

Reaction score

I had the same thought when it came out. Very Paul Smith. I managed to snag a white version they made for Unionmade before it sold out. It's one of my favorite shirts.

If you're patient you'll find one. I remember seeing them appear on ebay every so often.

I actually bought one last week off here. Its easily my favorite shirt. Ever.
When i bought it i didn't realize it was a popover one, but I'm totally cool with that. I would like to have a long sleeve full button version too, but I'm super happy just to have one.

Im starting to think maybe we might be crazy for loving them, but I seriously have been hunting for two years and just barely snagged one... so there has to be some demand for them. Also, i don't think its because they are from 2012, because I remember when they came out and a lot of stockists sold out fairly quickly.

I remember that white one for Unionmade, it is beautiful, but at this rate i might be able to acquire one by 2032.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I actually bought one last week off here. Its easily my favorite shirt. Ever.
When i bought it i didn't realize it was a popover one, but I'm totally cool with that. I would like to have a long sleeve full button version too, but I'm super happy just to have one.

Im starting to think maybe we might be crazy for loving them, but I seriously have been hunting for two years and just barely snagged one... so there has to be some demand for them. Also, i don't think its because they are from 2012, because I remember when they came out and a lot of stockists sold out fairly quickly.

I remember that white one for Unionmade, it is beautiful, but at this rate i might be able to acquire one by 2032.

Ha! It would be worth the wait.

I'm glad you were able to finally get some version of it. I would be tempted to buy the popover version just so I could wear it more often since it's more casual than the full button down.

By the way have you seen the Liberty London x Unionmade GBV shirts? They're pretty nice too:

http://unionmadegoods.com/brands/gitman-liberty-unionmade/

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: how rare is the micro floral from 2012? I remember seeing this and thinking it was the most beautiful shirt I had ever seen. Still do... So does anyone have an idea of it's rarity? Seems like you can't find them anywhere.
I picked up one about six months ago during the Marrkt sale. I haven't seen any around unfortunately, ebay is probably your best bet.
I managed to snag a white version they made for Unionmade before it sold out. It's one of my favorite shirts.
Would love to see a photo of this.

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I picked up one  about six months ago during the Marrkt sale. I haven't seen any around unfortunately, ebay is probably your best bet.
Would love to see a photo of this.

Here's a far away pic and close up where you can see the details.

rosslovethreads

Reaction score

Here's a far away pic and close up where you can see the details.

Those butterflies are so much more pronounced in that shirt! In the short amount of time I've had my shirt it has drawn a lot of attention (in a good, non peacockish, way). I usually ask people if they noticed the Lepidoptera and they squint and gasp and complement the print even more.

I could honestly care less if they love it; in fact, i would say that more people probably think its silly from a distance, but i really really really am floored by the beauty of the print they used. Id like to get my hands on the material for later in my life. At least a few more of these shirts! :D

Kensington

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Much appreciated, thanks mate. It's a lovely shirt. Love my black one :)

No problem. Wear it in good health guys!

Another batch of shirts I've found to be particularly sought after even though it's years old was the "jungle brothers" line they released a few years back. It had a camouflage and two leopard print shirts.

Last edited:

rosslovethreads

Reaction score

No problem. Wear it in good health guys!

Another batch of shirts I've found to be particularly sought after even though it's years old was the "jungle brothers" line they released a few years back. It had a camouflage and two leopard print shirts.

Ah, yes.

Ive read about them and i remember stumbling across some pictures a few months back.

More recently NeedSupply had a "leopard head" shirt i though was pretty interesting. It was on sale for 83 i think. Im sure the sell is over now. I had initially planned on picking it up, but ended up finding the micro floral i longed for. Im cool with how it turned out. I will seriously never get tired of the floral print.

Last edited:

smdbitchh

Reaction score

Ah, yes.

Ive read about them and i remember stumbling across some pictures a few months back.

More recently NeedSupply had a "leopard head" shirt i though was pretty interesting. It was on sale for 83 i think. Im sure the sell is over now. I had initially planned on picking it up, but ended up finding the micro floral i longed for. Im cool with how it turned out. I will seriously never get tired of the floral print.
I picked up the leopard head shirt from needsupply. My favorite Gitman shirt I own so far. Material is very light and thing which I like. Most people seem to prefer the heavier Gitman fabrics but I find them less comfortable. One more note about the leopard head shirt I found intersting is the collar is shorter than other gitman shirts I own and a bit more modern looking in my opinion.

rosslovethreads

Reaction score

I picked up the leopard head shirt from needsupply. My favorite Gitman shirt I own so far. Material is very light and thing which I like. Most people seem to prefer the heavier Gitman fabrics but I find them less comfortable. One more note about the leopard head shirt I found intersting is the collar is shorter than other gitman shirts I own and a bit more modern looking in my opinion.

I noticed the collar looked a little more "cropped". Looks good. I will prolly pick one up eventually.

kentpope

Reaction score
Those butterflies are so much more pronounced in that shirt! In the short amount of time I've had my shirt it has drawn a lot of attention (in a good, non peacockish, way). I usually ask people if they noticed the Lepidoptera and they squint and gasp and complement the print even more.

I could honestly care less if they love it; in fact, i would say that more people probably think its silly from a distance, but i really really really am floored by the beauty of the print they used. Id like to get my hands on the material for later in my life. At least a few more of these shirts!
biggrin.gif

The butterfly shirt is fantastic. I was lucky enough to stumble across a pink version from the Bureau Belfast about a year ago. Does anyone know if this was a collaboration with Liberty or one of their fabrics? It certainly looks like something they might do.

mike1445

Reaction score
Just got this email
We’re writing to update you about the Hill-Side Made-To-Order shirt you ordered in December.

We are expecting a delivery from the Gitman factory this week. You will receive an email with tracking number and confirmation of shipment as soon as your shirt has gone out.

PersilVouchers

Reaction score
I noticed the collar looked a little more "cropped". Looks good. I will prolly pick one up eventually.

Yeah, I like the look of the shorter collar. I requested one on my Hill-Side Made-To-Order one.

And I love their floral prints too. Went with this...

Last edited:

mike1445

Reaction score
love that print. if i got two of the made to order that would have been the second. I went with the winter aloha, a dressy hawaiian shirt? I have no idea but I had to give it a try.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 101 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.6%

Forum statistics

Threads