• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Getting involved with a single mother

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You are only amazed because of what our society now deems these things as acceptable when they shouldn't be.

It is the responsibility for both parents to provide a loving home and family. If they are raging alcoholics, then they are failing. If they abuse their spouse, they are failing.
It is not *that* difficult to have a decent family and love your spouse. Someone who cant do this, is seriously lacking in maturity.

Its not easy, either. So when it does break down, what do you advise?

f it is a relationship that you would resent, then why would you be sleeping with that person in the first place?

Because the resentment sets in later. In your world you can't get some without a formal commitment. In the real world people **** like rabbits and make mistakes. You want to get stuck permanently with someone that you were just having a weekend fling with??

As for unwanted kids, I know the remedies. I don't think that they should be encouraged or even considered as an option for a woman. What kind of person thinks, "I'll ******** with people I'm attracted to but would resent in the long term, and if they get me pregnant I'll just go have an abortion?"

Its called feeling trapped and guys do it all the time. I understand you have this pollyanna mindset, but like it or not people are attracted to other people and want to ******** without necessarily looking at that person as a life partner.

I knew a dude that got his HS GF pregnant, they had the kid, he went into the military, they tried hard but it was a nightmare. Bad move. Their lives were permanently damaged.

The father is a deadbeat if he doesn't accept responsibility.

This all comes down to accepting the consequences of your actions. Fathering a child, getting pregnant from casual (or even monogamous) sex, etc.

Someone who seeks out an abortion, is an abusive spouse, an alcoholic, a deadbeat, etc. is avoiding responsibility and consequences of their actions.

Its also about accepting reality. If you get someone pregnant and don't see that person being a commitment for a lifetime, do the right thing and do the remedy. Its better for society. We have enough fatherless vagabond kids who just end up becoming part of the welfare rolls.

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
"Its not easy, either. So when it does break down, what do you advise?"

No, it's not easy but that's the point. It's a risk that actually exists, not something we can wish away or "delete" with abortion.

"Because the resentment sets in later. In your world you can't get some without a formal commitment. In the real world people **** like rabbits and make mistakes. You want to get stuck permanently with someone that you were just having a weekend fling with??"

Mistakes have consequences and if you aren't willing to accept the risk of pregnancy and fatherhood, then you should reconsider your decisions.

"Its called feeling trapped and guys do it all the time. I understand you have this pollyanna mindset, but like it or not people are attracted to other people and want to ******** without necessarily looking at that person as a life partner."

I don't deny that it happens, and It doesn't matter whether or not I like it. If people want to ******** they should accept the risks and consequences, like any other actions.

For example, If I don't want to work or earn money, I must accept that I cant pay my bills or keep my commitments. In the same way, If I ******** and impregnate a woman, I must accept that it is my responsibility and consequence of my actions, as should any man.

I may not necessarily want to work and have to pay my bills to survive, the same way I may want to ******** and not be responsible for the woman or her child.

"I knew a dude that got his HS GF pregnant, they had the kid, he went into the military, they tried hard but it was a nightmare. Bad move. Their lives were permanently damaged."

This is a great example. It shows the consequences of casual sex and pregnancy can be severe and devastating. That's why it should be taken seriously.

"Its also about accepting reality. If you get someone pregnant and don't see that person being a commitment for a lifetime, do the right thing and do the remedy. Its better for society. We have enough fatherless vagabond kids who just end up becoming part of the welfare rolls."

I'm sorry, but I don't accept that because someone regrets their decision by trivializing an important matter, they should be given a pass by having an abortion. The problem here is a lack of thought in decision making, not accepting the consequences, and not realizing the permanent significance of their actions.

What do you think is better: A society where people have casual sex, abortions, broken families, and live on welfare or a society where people value themselves physically, accept the consequences of their mistakes, raise children in loving homes and work to provide?

The reality is both sides are just a philosophy, our society just accepts the former and even encourages it.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
OP, did you ever get in that?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Based on the posts the OP made after this one in the Business/Career subforum .. I'm pretty much certain this thread was 100% BS right from the get go.

I should have known. There's no such thing as a mother that's "Victoria's Secret model hot". Well, aside from actual Victoria's Secret model mothers.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Something on the net took me to the match.co.jp splash page the other day, and I just clicked the best looking thumbnail of their sock puppet splash page profiles - girl was ******* smoking, had a kid though.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What do you think is better: A society where people have casual sex, abortions, broken families, and live on welfare or a society where people value themselves physically, accept the consequences of their mistakes, raise children in loving homes and work to provide?

The reality is both sides are just a philosophy, our society just accepts the former and even encourages it.

Those scenarios contain items which really are not mutually exclusive from one another... Just an FYI.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads