• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@justinkapur

Rain last? Did you size the same as other Rain non-Chelseas?

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
CORRECTION. I double checked what Steve suggested for sizing and I did indeed also size down half size for Soller vs Rain. My bad.
Hmmm... I sized down a half size.
shog[1].gif
Funny, I had to size down. The heel is wider to me and the instep slightly higher on Soller.
Steve,
are any other lasts besides Rain available in wide width?
Every feet is different of course and some might think different to my own experience but generally speaking

Soller, Detroit, and Inca is 3 widest last Carmina has (Most of our customer agrees with me on Soller and Detroit being wide but some might say Inca is similar to Rain)
Rain and Forest is medium to slightly wide - these two are avail in extra wide as well (which will bump them up to Detroit Soller width level)

These the U Boots I'm in for Steve?

bounce2.gif
Yes sir!!

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Steve any picture of the new cutaway single monk?
+1 - any comparisons and photochop attempts would be welcome!
But yeah, so far it's a Rain last single monk, pattern TBC, probably leather sole, in a brown or similar lizard - I think?
Interest from @sacafotos @Shawl Lapel @pinkpanther and me, is four, so two more needed if we can all agree. Are we close enough for you to check a pattern and price, @steveyoo1983 ?
I name this shoe....Rasputin.
I like plain toe, would like to see the SM options
I like leather sole
Rain, I think Steve? Is okay for me
Dependent on all that and colour, I'm in!
facepalm.gif
@mimo That was some poetry right there. Like an English Gatsby scene.
I like my double monks but I'll see what design options we have. In for brown lizard though sorry anderz.

I saw this new single monk design at armoury's tumbler at first :)

http://jhilla.com/post/107239091817/black-means-business-featuring-a-few-of-our-new

I've been patiently waiting for this design from Carmina as I am a big fan of cutaway single monk design in the past (JL jermyn, EG oundle, and so on)
we can certainly do this 'Rasputin' lizard single monk in brown lizard (no navy lizard nor purple lizard in stock at the factory at this time)
As always thank you gents for these great GMTO ideas ;)
Feel free to PM for any additional question (pricing and such)
Cheers!
Steve

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gents,

No interest in a tobacco suede austerity brogue on Rain or balmoral boot on Robert?

@steveyoo1983

Can you please PM the price for a matching tobacco suede belt? (Hope we can place an order for it if we do GMTO for the shoes)

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looking good JK

Thanks man! After seeing your Chelsea posts I knew I wanted a pair.

@justinkapur

Rain last? Did you size the same as other Rain non-Chelseas?

Yes sir. Rain last and same size as my shell bal boots and my captoe oxfords.

Rain last fits me the best. Sleek enough with enough room at the end of the day. Especially when I walk about 5 miles in my shoes bare minimum every day

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Gents,

No interest in a tobacco suede austerity brogue on Rain or balmoral boot on Robert?

@steveyoo1983

Can you please PM the price for a matching tobacco suede belt? (Hope we can place an order for it if we do GMTO for the shoes)

That's the only boot I'm interested at the moment. Would prefer austerity Balmoral. Leather or dainite sole works for me. Tomorrow would be fine, too. Blind eyelets?

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That's the only boot I'm interested at the moment. Would prefer austerity Balmoral. Leather or dainite sole works for me. Tomorrow would be fine, too. Blind eyelets?

Got a pic of the austerity balmoral?

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
I saw this new single monk design at armoury's tumbler at first :)

http://jhilla.com/post/107239091817/black-means-business-featuring-a-few-of-our-new

I've been patiently waiting for this design from Carmina as I am a big fan of cutaway single monk design in the past (JL jermyn, EG oundle, and so on)
we can certainly do this 'Rasputin' lizard single monk in brown lizard (no navy lizard nor purple lizard in stock at the factory at this time)
As always thank you gents for these great GMTO ideas ;)
Feel free to PM for any additional question (pricing and such)
Cheers!
Steve
@sacafotos @Shawl Lapel @pinkpanther @Cleav

Hands up who wants a price PM from Steve!

But we're at least one short: @Anders , you sure there's no room? @justinkapur this has you written all over it. And @OzzyJones , I know from previous events that you are both ostentatious and lacking in moral fibre, just like me....how's about it, fella?

anderz

Reaction score
Send me a PM With pricing @steveyoo1983 and I'll check if there is possibility to squeeze in another pair of brown lizards. This new single monk design is probably the best I've seen from Carmina. :)
And that brouge on Roberts...

Last edited:

pinkpanther

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@sacafotos
 @Shawl Lapel
 @pinkpanther
 @Cleav

Hands up who wants a price PM from Steve!

But we're at least one short: @Anders
 , you sure there's no room?  @justinkapur
 this has you written all over it.  And @OzzyJones
, I know from previous events that you are both ostentatious and lacking in moral fibre, just like me....how's about it, fella? 

My hand is raised, I would like a PM. :nodding:

diglett

Reaction score
Gents,

@steveyoo1983

Tobacco suede bal boot, you mean? I'd love a full suede bal boot, provided that I could snag a leather soled pair. Would also be interested in snuff, on forest/rain as well.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd be down for a balmoral boot on robert last. What's the idea?

diglett

Reaction score
I've been lusting for a full suede bal boot for ages, but I'm not thrilled with the york sole of the pair offered on Carmina's site. Leather or bust.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads