• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

calidist

Reaction score
And here are some MTO / Pre-Order interests that has been brewing as of late! Do send me a PM for details!

4. carmina 973 / perf captoe boots / brown scotch grain / rain / dainite sole
(picture shown in cognac shell but our mto will feature darker brown scotch grain calf)

First in!

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Got my first boot and my first cordovan all in one package! Their maiden voyage:

Looks awesome. Cheers to steve!

golfinz

Reaction score
I am in for the Adelaide in dark brown suede, prefer the Simpson last. I bet we could even have two mto of the exact shoe but two different lasts since the Simpson last doesn't fit everyone

I would not be in for a spice suede, I've got a tobacco suede coming and it is too similar

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am in for the Adelaide in dark brown suede, prefer the Simpson last. I bet we could even have two mto of the exact shoe but two different lasts since the Simpson last doesn't fit everyone

I would not be in for a spice suede, I've got a tobacco suede coming and it is too similar
I would probably be interested in an Adelaide looking like the following in dark brown suede in either Simpson or Rain last:
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0277/2511/products/Carmina-80391-01_1024x1024.jpg?v=1396425424
http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0277/2511/products/Carmina-80391-04_1024x1024.jpg?v=1396425424

aldenwear

Reaction score
I hate myself for this, but I would be in for joining a group-made-to-order for the Adelaide in Scary Spice Suede (my favorite spice girl by far; David Beckam got the runt of the litter, looks wise even if she appears to be pretty shrewd), but only on the rain or forest lasts.

That is, I will join if the cognescenti will tell me that scary spice suede will go with dark Greys and charcoal as well as tans. Would it hang with corduroy texture-wise?

How absolutely damn miserable to be talking about cold weather things when we are currently still struggling to leave this long, cold, sad Wintrr.

golfinz

Reaction score

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Don, the link is what the shoe would look like but in dark brown suede
Fellas, not to rain on any parades but to my understanding that was an exclusive Skoaktie makeup. Perhaps changing the color might be enough to unlock the secret treasure but just bear that in mind.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Fellas, not to rain on any parades but to my understanding that was an exclusive Skoaktie makeup. Perhaps changing the color might be enough to unlock the secret treasure but just bear that in mind.
I see. I guess the honorable thing then is going through the right source. Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: I don't mind which source we go through, as long as we're not stepping on any toes. I guess there's nothing wrong in asking the initial source about the make up also.

Last edited:

member2000r

Reaction score
a Detroit lasted long wing in Whiskey shell, but I am afraid the current Shell shortage will make this mission impossible

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That could look nice in a pebble grain calf. For shell you'd be waiting ages for it. Plus good luck getting 5 other members in on that one.

golfinz

Reaction score

Right I think that specific makeup (i.e. color and style) was skoaties but the Adelaide style has been done over many brands of shoemakers. I would be very surprised if skoatie has the carmina "rights" to the Adelaide. In talking with Steve, it seems like we can do what we are talking about - Adelaide in dark brown suede in the Simpson last and/or rain last

Last edited:

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does Carmina offer a stormwelt on this model? Would anybody be interested in that?

Yes, a storm welt is an available option. I'm on the fence on this one, but would want storm welt and Danite sole if I participated. Any pictures of the dark brown grain?

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And here are some MTO / Pre-Order interests that has been brewing as of late! Do send me a PM for details! Now ready for some boots for fall?? 3. carmina 80184 / captoe jumper boots / brown scotch grain / oscar / sole TBA (picture shown in cognac scotch grain but we are thinking of dark brown instead)
How about burgundy grain? I would also be interested in red brown grain like EG rosewood country calf if Carmina can find it. My understanding is that Carmina used to have it. It was like this
Come to think of it I would be interested in full brogued boots (similar to EG Alderley) built on either Oscar last or Detroit last. Maybe we can have special GF edition.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 94 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 31 11.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads