• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CROCKETT & JONES) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Justin, I'm in for the dark brown suede Adelaide in the Simpson last

My comment in the previous post was mentioning that you had other spice interest

Hey, I have a dark suede so no go for me on that and I dont like the Simpson last unfortunately. Rain works better for me.

golfinz

Reaction score
Yes, I've gotten that from some of your other previous posts. You are interested in a spice suede rain last mto, while I am interested in a dark brown suede Simpson last mto

eljlakers

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Right I think that specific makeup (i.e. color and style) was skoaties but the Adelaide style has been done over many brands of shoemakers. I would be very surprised if skoatie has the carmina "rights" to the Adelaide. In talking with Steve, it seems like we can do what we are talking about - Adelaide in dark brown suede in the Simpson last and/or rain last
Certainly Skoaktie doesn't have exclusive rights to Carmina's adelaide makeups (only Carmina does, I would think
tongue.gif
). But the particular model you linked to is slightly different than the normal adelaide - the punched decoration along the collar of the shoe is slightly different if you pay close attention, and there's no heel counter. So I would think there might be some resistance from Carmina if Steve asked to reproduce this particular adelaide in a tobacco or spice color. He might be told that particular makeup is exclusive to Skoaktie. That's just my guess though. Steve would probably have a clearer answer on this. All that said, if you went with a more traditional adelaide in any suede you like, I'm sure there'd be no problem at all.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Dark brown > spice brown

But I'd prefer the Rain last since it fits me and no experience with the Simpson last... :embar:

Last edited:

golfinz

Reaction score
Certainly Skoaktie doesn't have exclusive rights to Carmina's adelaide makeups (only Carmina does, I would think
tongue.gif
). But the particular model you linked to is slightly different than the normal adelaide - the punched decoration along the collar of the shoe is slightly different if you pay close attention, and there's no heel counter. So I would think there might be some resistance from Carmina if Steve asked to reproduce this particular adelaide in a tobacco or spice color. He might be told that particular makeup is exclusive to Skoaktie. That's just my guess though. Steve would probably have a clearer answer on this. All that said, if you went with a more traditional adelaide in any suede you like, I'm sure there'd be no problem at all.

Ah, I see what you are saying. The Skoatie's making is a tad different than the traditional Adelaide.

Either way, I know Steve wouldn't step on the shoes (see what I did there lol) of Patrik and Skoatie, so whatever happens, I'm sure everything will be a-ok. Either way, I need this shoe in dark brown suede!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, I see what you are saying.  The Skoatie's making is a tad different than the traditional Adelaide.

Either way, I know Steve wouldn't step on the shoes (see what I did there lol) of Patrik and Skoatie, so whatever happens, I'm sure everything will be a-ok.  Either way, I need this shoe in dark brown suede!

That is my understanding also. I. Need.

agedashidofu

Reaction score

I mean why do you even need a sample? Its spice suede. Sounds amazing no?

Ok fine heres a sample :

Oh my goodness!!! Beautiful suede. Is spice another name for copper suede? Looks very similar to copper suede. This forum is a really dangerous place!!!

Last edited:

justinkapur

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Oh my goodness!!! Beautiful suede. Is spice another name for copper suede? Looks very similar to copper suede. This forum is a really dangerous place!!!

Copper seems like the perfect way to describe it.

Are you in bro?

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRINI
IN.
Does Carmina offer a stormwelt on this model? Would anybody be interested in that?
Yes, a storm welt is an available option. I'm on the fence on this one, but would want storm welt and Danite sole if I participated. Any pictures of the dark brown grain?
Quote:
Here's the dark brown

Dark Brown Scotch Grain Jumper boots with Storm Welt! Dainite Sole?
Sounds good to me!!

3 possibly interests! any other takers in this fall jumper boots MTO? ;)

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How about burgundy grain? I would also be interested in red brown grain like EG rosewood country calf if Carmina can find it. My understanding is that Carmina used to have it. It was like this

Come to think of it I would be interested in full brogued boots (similar to EG Alderley) built on either Oscar last or Detroit last. Maybe we can have special GF edition.
I think those burgundy scotch grains were indeed their cognac scotch grains....the carmina cognac scotch grains actually have that reddish tint to it. (unlike the cognac calf or cognac shell)
I tell you these names and different lighting in the pictures makes it so confusing haha :)
I think the current mto is steering towards dark brown scotch grain if you are interested!

We can definitely do a full brogue boots MTO! Avail in either Forest or Rain at this time!

Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
tongue.gif
These are some very good points eljlakers! I certainly dont want to step in anyone's toes here and I am a huge fan of what they do over at skoaktie!
From exchanging email with Carmina back and forth few times, it looks like they have no problem doing the adelaide model for us :)
However as a courtesy, since skoaktie is doing (or did) the model in tobacco suede, I wont be duplicating it in tobacco suede anytime soon.

So dark brown suede in RAIN last adelaide we are definitely good to go :)
adelaide / brown suede / Rain last / sole TBA

@golfinz @gettoasty @DonRaphael

Now for the Spice Suede, I am still trying to get a confirm from Betty about availability
@justinkapur @aldenwear @pinkpanther

I will keep you gents posted :)

golfinz

Reaction score
@steveyoo1983

Nice! Is there any way we could do the dark brown suede Adelaide in the Simpson last instead of the Rain or is the consensus Rain?

Last edited:

steveyoo1983

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@steveyoo1983

Nice! Is there any way we could do the dark brown suede Adelaide in the Simpson last instead of the Rain or is the consensus Rain?
She didnt answer whether it can be done on Simpson
However the general consensus (i have two other interested on this MTO outside of SF) and they were both in for Rain only.

golfinz

Reaction score
She didnt answer whether it can be done on Simpson
However the general consensus (i have two other interested on this MTO outside of SF) and they were both in for Rain only.

Ok cool! I would go with the crowd if it can't be done on the Simpson but if she confirms that it can be done, let me know as I would need to decide if I want the Rain or would want to do a single mto on the Simpson

Thanks for getting this organized!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member