• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eric, gg has rtw shoes, then selected few rtw shoes with deco last. But recently they came out with full deco rtw shoes for 1300 pounds. Then above that they have full deco mto shoes I believe in total of 16 pair only catered toward mto deco line.. That are fully made with deco specification they have more hand work, deco tree & color etc. Example would be deco black which is only available through mto deco shoes. There are more color & options & leather to this but you get the idea. It's same thing grc1 does when he makes his deco shoes. Also some times gg lets you get those deco color in gmto or single mto for there regular shoe with deco last. Depends upon were you buying your shoes from. GG can break rules other retailers can't. Hope this helps.
Indeed, I phrased my initial post poorly.

In MTO, do you know what makes the "black deco calf" color nearly 300 pounds pricier than a regular calf? That is more in line with what you see from cordovan and other exotics, so I was wondering what made the black deco calf that much better.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

In MTO, do you know what makes the "black deco calf" color nearly 300 pounds pricier than a regular calf? That is more in line with what you see from cordovan and other exotics, so I was wondering what made the black deco calf that much better.

Deco black is cool looking faded color or bleached color my man definately different than normal black shoe that's for sure. You are not paying up charge for deco black you are paying for work that goes in making fully deco shoes. Example would be hand made, hand painted, tighter waist etc just to name few things from top of my head. If gg is a good fit for a person feet, I would say deco is the closest thing you can get to bespoke. With out actually going all out bespoke. It's pure luxury item that stands out & speak for itself, & color like deco black are just icing on a cake. Some thing that stand out & unique but there are lot more options that they offer. If you have time to kill just mess around on gg site & make your own gg full deco shoes :D

Stefan88

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Deco black is cool looking faded color or bleached color my man definately different than normal black shoe that's for sure. You are not paying up charge for deco black you are paying for work that goes in making fully deco shoes. Example would be hand made, hand painted, tighter waist etc just to name few things from top of my head. If gg is a good fit for a person feet, I would say deco is the closest thing you can get to bespoke. With out actually going all out bespoke. It's pure luxury item that stands out & speak for itself, & color like deco black are just icing on a cake. Some thing that stand out & unique but there are lot more options that they offer. If you have time to kill just mess around on gg site & make your own gg full deco shoes :D

Deco is special. Even if I think it may look cool for some, I would never wear them my self. Too pointy for me. The waist of the deco is very nice.

Chowkin

Reaction score

Deco shoes originally came in Deco black only, with the toe area bleached to give an antique look a la Foster & Sons. F&S offers the fading service at £125 some time ago, not sure if the price is higher now.

http://www.theshoesnobblog.com/2014/03/foster-sons-new-antiquing-option.html

Last edited:

ino68

Reaction score
It's surprising how EG's web shop has product pictures that make their shoes look like museum pieces, whereas GG's looks like they opened their web shop in 1999 and haven't upgraded since.

Dear GG, go back to the photographer you used for the previous iteration of your web shop, the shots back then were superb!

benjamin8451

Reaction score
It's surprising how EG's web shop has product pictures that make their shoes look like museum pieces, whereas GG's looks like they opened their web shop in 1999 and haven't upgraded since.

Dear GG, go back to the photographer you used for the previous iteration of your web shop, the shots back then were superb!

I have to agree on this.

Yestoday I sent a picture of Holden in deco last and asked my girlfriend's opinion. She commented: "Not so good looking."

mwink[1].gif

A crucial period time for me to decide whether I should keep my holden or her.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I own G&G MTO and G&G Deco shoes

I used the TG73 last on my Deco shoes.

The Deco shoes look better...I like the Deco designs of the Collcut and Byron

My Deco TG73 lastes shoes fit better than my MTO TG73 shoes

Even if I opt for an MTO design, I would ask...and have to pay the premium to make it on the Deco standard

It creates a better looking and better fitting shoe in my experience

I originally went for the Deco shoe because I liked the bleached Black shoes Fosters made...and hoped G&G would offer a comparable faded black color service.

Sadly, G&G's faded black (Deco black) has not met my expectations, and have opted to recolor both of the shoes I got in Deco black

Hope this helps those on the fence about getting a G&G Deco shoe

Deco involves a higher standard of making a shoe compared to the G&G RTW/MTO line. It offers 2 special Deco lasts...which are not to my tastes. It also offers some unique designs compared to the standard MTO line.

The shoes lasts for the Deco shoes are much nicer than the MTO line

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 35 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 45 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads