• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Has there ever been a GMTO with a patina added?

Don't believe so. If there was I'm sure you would be able to find it listed somewhere in this thread. Pearl Grey maybe the most exotic color that comes anywhere close.

I don't think so either and yes I agree on the pearl grey being the closest but I'm sure we could get something settled if enough would go in on it. I bet GG would allow it in that case.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had a pair of Antibes done which I posted a day or two ago. Also had a pair of deco Joyces done

It looks great!! Keep us posted on how the patina holds up.

Last edited:

nmoore82

Reaction score
Sunny spring day called for Cambridge in mole suede. But when taking out the box, I noticed that some stitching on the brogue detail of right foot has come out. Maybe I've used the crepe brush too hard? Not sure if this can be fixed or just carrying on enjoying them as they are.

Last edited:

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sunny spring day called for Cambridge in mole suede. But when taking out the box, I noticed that some stitching on the brogue detail of right foot has come out. Maybe I've used the crepe brush too hard? Not sure if this can be fixed or just carrying on enjoying them as they are.

I would brush them lightly & carry one personally

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can´t help you, but I always use horse hair brush even for suede.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

armsignet

Reaction score
They do have a few nasty scruff marks from being forced into some football action in the schoolyard when picking up the boys a few years ago
shog[1].gif
Tried to polish them out and am happy to keep on wearing them.
That, sir, is awesome. I love my shoes, but day to day life always comes first.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads