• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

tomrakewell

Reaction score
Please be careful - don't know if this report is true:

Iconic Edwards of Manchester shoe shop closes after trading for almost 200 years
If true, that's very sad. I got my first G&Gs - Vintage Chestnut Gables - there and met Tony there for the first time ...

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Strange! There really is no mention of Edward's going down on the site. My bad.

I had this confirmed by one of their manufacturers today; Edwards of Manchester is indeed closed for business, maybe the online section is still taking orders for left over stock though.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I had this confirmed by one of their manufacturers today; Edwards of Manchester is indeed closed for business, maybe the online section is still taking orders for left over stock though.

Man enjoy your vacation, you deserve it.

Leaves

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Any ideas of what size I should order if I wear US6 for all Aldens? I assume most G&G lasts fit the same?

They do. Please email us and we'll help you: [email protected]

The very general recommendation is to size down half a size.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh and to anyone who was looking into going to Philly to Tobox shoes for the GG event, I spoke with the owner Tung, and he said that it has been canceled.

He is trying to reschedule it for the fall.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Oh and to anyone who was looking into going to Philly to Tobox shoes for the GG event, I spoke with the owner Tung, and he said that it has been canceled.

He is trying to reschedule it for the fall.

Yup. Beat me to it. He texted me, but I didnt get a chance to post. Thanks mw.

mcl911

Reaction score
btw what happened to nick BespokeEngland nowadays? Didn't he merge with G&G? What about those gmto every two months?

Berners15

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
I think I may have fallen in love with a black shoe for the first time ever in my life
shog[1].gif

Cliffe

cliffe_1.jpg

What do you all think? Oh and this one too
Holden

holden_1.jpg

I think this just confirms the point that G&G are as much art as footwear.
Simply breathtaking.

mcl911

Reaction score
I think I may have fallen in love with a black shoe for the first time ever in my life
shog%5B1%5D.gif
Cliffe
cliffe_1.jpg
What do you all think? Oh and this one too Holden
holden_1.jpg
I think this just confirms the point that G&G are as much art as footwear. Simply breathtaking. [/quoteDon't forget to use deco black calf as well

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads