• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@SpooPoker That is some great patina work, but how in the world are you going to wear those?

Sartorial jungle combat gear, with some jungle fatigues from Norton & Sons?

Last edited:

Revilo

Reaction score
So i started reading this thread about 2 months ago when it was only 819 pages. Now i've reached the end of it and figured; why not get me a pair of GG's. So i did, with some help from my friends over at Skoab the gable in fox suede on mh71 is currently in the works!

Lets play the waiting game...

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So i started reading this thread about 2 months ago when it was only 819 pages. Now i've reached the end of it and figured; why not get me a pair of GG's. So i did, with some help from my friends over at Skoab the gable in fox suede on mh71 is currently in the works! 

Fox suede is one kick ass color. Congratulation.

cezinho

Reaction score

you are a suede fan, I see.
Is that an MTO?

I think i need that too.

SuitedDx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For some reason I'm still not fully sold on suede (at least I finally own shoes made from suede). It's not the durability (I know they handle rain well and not fragile as some think) or maintaining the nap...

Maybe my wardrobe is just a little more dressy for them...

Last edited:

cezinho

Reaction score
For some reason I'm still not fully sold on suede (at least I finally own shoes made from suede). It's not the durability (I know they handle rain well and not fragile as some think) or maintaining the nap...

Maybe my wardrobe is just a little more dressy for them...
it's a fair argument.
I had a snuff suede addiction but now I am leaning more towards calf.
however a good suede shoes is a must have.
I have 2 carmina string loafers in suede and 1 half brogue from carmina as well in suede.

Revilo

Reaction score
you are a suede fan, I see.
Is that an MTO?

I think i need that too.
Guilty on both accounts! Thats a MTO and i only wear suede for some reason... it just happened. However i've been thinking stepping out of the suede game for the next pair and considering racing green as an option...

nickrut

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Any GMTOs lately? Would love a pair of darker Hoves on the mh71 last. Not necessarily hatch grain.

styledamage

Reaction score
List of remaining sample shoes are below. Both the 10 and 10.5 Arrans are gone. Special shout out to the Hove in brown cordovan. A half size larger and they would've been mine.
ffffuuuu.gif

I have a 10.5 Arran for sale if you're interested. Looking to sell them the price I paid for them at the Sale. Perfect condition.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads