• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Just got them and selling them already? Did the fit not work?

Yeah ... ever since discovering Meccariello and Bestetti, and since G&G opened their store on Savile Row where I could try on actual production shoes instead of trial pairs, I've finally confronted the rather embarrassing (and extremely financially/emotionally painful) reality that my entire G&G collection is a size too big.

:facepalm: :embar: :confused: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :cry:

SO ... I am beginning to embark on a quest of rebuilding/replacing with proper-fitting shoes. Starting with these beauties. A few posts back I had my circle - I'll see about selling those off as well.

There you have it, guys. Be gentle with me, I'm very emotionally fragile at this difficult time. Breaking up is never easy.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah ... ever since discovering Meccariello and Bestetti, and since G&G opened their store on Savile Row where I could try on actual production shoes instead of trial pairs, I've finally confronted the rather embarrassing (and extremely financially/emotionally painful) reality that my entire G&G collection is a size too big.

:facepalm: :embar: :confused: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :cry:

SO ... I am beginning to embark on a quest of rebuilding/replacing with proper-fitting shoes. Starting with these beauties. A few posts back I had my circle - I'll see about selling those off as well.

There you have it, guys. Be gentle with me, I'm very emotionally fragile at this difficult time. Breaking up is never easy.

A full size too big? Wow. What else you have in 10.5 E UK sans TG73 last :embar:

jreigen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

List of remaining sample shoes are below. Both the 10 and 10.5 Arrans are gone. Special shout out to the Hove in brown cordovan. A half size larger and they would've been mine. :fu:

If someone here got the 10 Arran's and they don't work for you - please, Please, PLEASE, let me know! :inlove: :D

grc1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

A full size too big? Wow. What else you have in 10.5 E UK sans TG73 last :embar:

Non-TG73, I have
Oxford DG70, black
Cambridge DG70, vintage chestnut
Cambridge DG70, vintage Rioja
Deco Gable, vintage oak
Deco Gable, black
Deco Holden, deco black

Feel free to PM if you want more details.

And just to round it out, the TG73s are vintage cherry St. James II and vintage cedar St. Ives

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Non-TG73, I have
Oxford DG70, black
Cambridge DG70, vintage chestnut
Cambridge DG70, vintage Rioja
Deco Gable, vintage oak
Deco Gable, black
Deco Holden, deco black

Feel free to PM if you want more details.

And just to round it out, the TG73s are vintage cherry St. James II and vintage cedar St. Ives

Thanks, it's depressing to so many of fine shoes that do not fit.
I was hoping to see Wigmore there in size 10.5. Wigmore on TG73 last is my only G&G mistake. I could not fit in my usual G&G size so I went a half a size up but now they are too long.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@grc1, that is a rough situation. When i go to the up-coming GG NY trunk show this October, i will take the opportunity to get Dean's advice on my MTO sizing. I like my boot fittings, but i did notice a little heel slip on my Hoves...

earthdragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
List of remaining sample shoes are below. Both the 10 and 10.5 Arrans are gone. Special shout out to the Hove in brown cordovan. A half size larger and they would've been mine. :fu:

From where can these be ordered Guys?

Last edited:

chogall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

facepalm.gif
shog[1].gif
confused.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
cry.gif

Thats rather unfortunate.

What is your correct size and what size do you have in your inventory?

Hirsh

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Finally my Black Oxford Brogues (MTO) have broken and are comfortable!!!

Hopefully these babies will last for years to come (bought back in 2009):)

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the best way to contact them?  V Chestnut Grosvenor may be an interesting pickup at a good price...

From where can these be ordered Guys?

Seller's name is Dean, I just used [email protected]

I snatched those.

Did you get the shoes yet? I'm wondering if you could notice any issues with them that caused them to be considered seconds. The reject reason for those were "Good" meaning no obvious flaws according to Dean.

laufer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Seller's name is Dean, I just used [email protected]
Did you get the shoes yet? I'm wondering if you could notice any issues with them that caused them to be considered seconds. The reject reason for those were "Good" meaning no obvious flaws according to Dean.

Not yet I will report when I receive them.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads