• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

claes500

Reaction score
I thought it was time for a group photo of my Gaziano & Girlings!

From top L to R

Anthony Cleverley Bodie in Bourbon Calf, G&G Deco Bowlly in Midnight Blue, G&G Deco Holden in Deco Black, John Lobb Paris Philip II in misty calf, G&G Westbury in Racing Green on TG73, Edward Green Shannon III on last 82 in Cloud Antique

Bottom L to R

G&G St James II on TG73 in Vintage Cherry, G&G Connought on TG73 in Vintage Oak, G&G Oakham on MH71 in Vintage Rioja, G&G Hove in Chestnut Hatch Grain on TG73 and finally G&G Canterbury on DG70 in Burgundy cordovan

Last edited:

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wow, when people post pics of their collections I always find a few questionable choices (including mine, in retrospect), but yours is absolutely perfect

Last edited:

claes500

Reaction score

wow, when people post pics of their collections I always find a few questionable choices (including mine, in retrospect), but yours is absolutely perfect

Thank you!

I always feel better about myself (and my purchases) when I see people posting their shoe collection.

Out of curiosity, has any one pair garnered more compliments than the others?

Perhaps the Oakhams and the Canterburys are the ones I've got most compliments for, but three of the shoes are so new I haven't worn them so much yet (the midnight decos, AC Bodie and the Shannons)

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I thought it was time for a group photo of my Gaziano & Girlings!

From top L to R

Anthony Cleverley Bodie in Bourbon Calf, G&G Deco Bowlly in Midnight Blue, G&G Deco Holden in Deco Black, John Lobb Paris Philip II in misty calf, G&G Westbury in Racing Green on TG73, Edward Green Shannon III on last 82 in Cloud Antique

Bottom L to R

G&G St James II on TG73 in Vintage Cherry, G&G Connought on TG73 in Vintage Oak, G&G Oakham on MH71 in Vintage Rioja, G&G Hove in Chestnut Hatch Grain on TG73 and finally G&G Canterbury on DG70 in Burgundy cordovan

I won't spoil this collection. This is great!

dlind

Reaction score
amazing collection! are the canterburys on a danite or leather sole?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
claes500 - fantastic collection. thanks for sharing the pics.

claes500

Reaction score

I won't spoil this collection. This is great!
Thanks!
Great collection Claes. Did notice that the St James didn't look that red, is it the picture or do vintage cherry get darker with time?
Thanks Frank! I think it is more the picture, I took it with my cell phone so the colours are a bit off. They are a lot redder IRL
amazing collection! are the canterburys on a danite or leather sole?
The Canterburys are on a dainite sole, the shannons are on a double leather though
claes500 - fantastic collection. thanks for sharing the pics.
Thank you Stitchy!

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i wasnt invited to any gatsby parties. :(

bboysdontcryy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Reminds me of the time when I was in DC and tried to buy a Marcella bow-tie at Brooks Brothers and was told that all the Marcella bow ties were sold out because there was some white tie party and according to the sales man they had the stuff for years and it didn't move, and in a matter of two days, everything was sold.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:laugh:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads